After last matcha me and olly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
    They should serve Green Tea in the Ellerslie.......
    You mean they don't?
    That would explain all the hostility towards Ollie, everyone hyped up on caffeine
    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
    Work Best When Open...
    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
      If we were in the relegation zone I would understand peoples frustrations. However, football is about results and Holloway does better than most of us predicted before the start of the season, Actually, a number of fans expected us to go right down, given the fact we spent mickey mouse money during the summer transfer window. These fans must be over the moon with where we are at the moment, sitting pretty ten points above the drop zone. However, they rather call for Holloway's head. There is no logic to it and I really struggle to understand why they want to get rid of a person that they believe are overachieving in terms of points.

We cannot just keep sacking one manager per year and start all over again every year and expect this to give success. Most successful teams have continuity in terms of manager and backroom staff. Most unsuccessful teams keep changing again and again.

I would rather like us to build on what we have. With limited financial resources I think we do pretty well. We identify and sign good seasoned pros at a bargain (Freeman, Scowen, Baptiste, Smith) and find talented young gems (Smyth, Chair, BOS, Oteh) and develop some of our own (Eze, Furlong). We have got in place a better development and scouting system. This is down to Ferdinand. In Hoos I believe we have a very good CEO. Holloway, Birch, Ferdinand, Hoos and Tony seem to bond well and operate as a team. That's important.

We clearly have issues we need to address. Holloway said before the season started that he would pick a system he believed in and stick to it for the entire season. He has kept his promises. However, when he and his team evaluate the wing back system (352) at the end of the season I am convinced they will either ditch it or acquire players that fit the system for the coming season. They might have quite a number of potential new wing backs identified already. Many other teams play 352 and find it to work. I believe we will eventually get it to work as well, but only with new additions.

There is a vacancy after this coach left for Middelsbrough. I would rater we signed a great new coach that could complement Holloway. I would go for an experienced, tactically strong coach - like McLaren, if possible.

However, my major point is: We are ahead of where most of us expected us to be. Holloway needs to get credit for this. He isn't great, but he is doing fine and I want some stability for a change. It think this will serve us best in the long run. With the young talents coming through and 3-4 new signings I think we will find ourselves in the upper half next season and I will be happy with that, given the financial situation.

Finally, I sometimes find the abuse Holloway gets at this message board (and during some matches) pathetic. I am also frustrated with this wing back system, but it is no reasons to use the sort of language I see every now and then, given the fact we seem to grind out results quite often. If Holloway gets enough and vents his frustration I would actually forgive him. Taking this much abuse, I would surely not always manage to keep quiet, whether I was a representative of the club or not. It is simply human.
      Trouble is Oslo, you will get your stability under Holloway.....no change next year. We are only where we expected or maybe slightly better because we didn't expect any more under Holloway. That doesn't make him a good manager. A lot of fans think the squad is better than it performs. We won't find out because he will still be here next year, playing the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
        Just a small point. He's from a place called Lewes. His name isn't Lewis. Be good if it was though.
        Travelling from Lewes he's a hero.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
          You mean they don't?
          That would explain all the hostility towards Ollie, everyone hyped up on caffeine
          LOL. They could serve liquid gold free in the Ellerslie concessions, and the queues would still prevent you from fetching it at half time....

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
            hits, legit question; have you ever liked a manager? IIRC, you even hated Warnock?!
            Bump.

I'm still waiting for his answer to this too :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
              Bump.

Hardly surprising.

Comment

Hits voted for Gerry as his favourite manager but I hazard a guess he would have bemoaned him most of the time. Probably had some nicknames regarding his barnet or pigeon fancying
                I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Bump.

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                  Hardly surprising.
                  Haters got to hate
                  #standuptocancer
                  #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
                    Hits voted for Gerry as his favourite manager but I hazard a guess he would have bemoaned him most of the time. Probably had some nicknames regarding his barnet or pigeon fancying
                    To be fair that would be justified

Comment

It isn't really a question of hating. It's just sadness and resignation that buffoons are running the show.

Comment

Bump.

hahahahaha.

i would say, Jim Smith and gerry francis for me. did not mind don howe either tbh.

had alot of hope for hughes after what he achieved at foolham. though, the farker decided to go on a transfer rampage with his mate mike rigg which really farked us up.
                        It does not help having a dumb halfwit of a chairman though.
                        nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
                          Pep at the helm and a lorry load of MDMA might just do it.
                          cheeky sod
                          nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                            hahahahaha.

i would say, Jim Smith and gerry francis for me. did not mind don howe either tbh.

had alot of hope for hughes after what he achieved at foolham. though, the farker decided to go on a transfer rampage with his mate mike rigg which really farked us up.
                            It does not help having a dumb halfwit of a chairman though.
                            Fair response Hits. A modicum of discernment - who'd have thought! Encouraging to hear you at least liked SOME of our ex-managers

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
                              For those who may think Stan is losing the plot:
                              Matcha is finely ground powder of specially grown and processed green tea leaves. It is special in two aspects of farming and processing: the green tea plants for matcha are shade-grown for about three ... Wikipedia
                              Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                              They should serve Green Tea in the Ellerslie.......
                              The milkshakes are truly nom nom

Comment

Tried the new cold Matcha tea at $tarbucks today. Looks lovely in the pic but tastes truly rank. It needs sugar added just to make it palatable, but then it's no longer a health drink! :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X