Not rocket science

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not rocket science

Why does Ollie persist with wing-backs who are either not defensive-minded (Pawel) or too slow (Bidwell)? If you make the mistake one or a couple of times it's understandable but if you keep on doing it, you're either stupid or you're deluded! The whole first half Leon Clarke was waltzing free-as-you-like into the space between Baptiste and Pawel, and creating havoc. This has happened way too many times this season and we end up having to dig ourselves out of a whole almost every game. As soon as we revert to a flat back four with players in their correct positions then things start happening for us and we create chances as we did yesterday night. Unfortunately, Holloway over-compensated yesterday night by bringing on too many forwards right at the end and the balance disappeared as did our fluidity and opportunity to get something from the game. It was the same #### when Holloway was in charge the first time around and yet he persists and upper-management persists with him. It's tragic. I really like Holloway and what he's done for the club down the years but my God he's no tactician. There's got to be someone better out there even with the shadow of ff. restrictions and fines hanging over us!

Planet Earth to Major Ollie......

Comment

so many of our players are being wasted or underutilized due to the 352. bidwell, furlong, pavel, wheeler, bright, shodipo, lualua and even smith have all been misused because of this poxxy system.

Comment

Because he's a shite manager?

It's the only thing I can think of.

Comment

Totally agree with this post. How bout, in a post-match interview after another loss on the road, Ollie is asked this simple question: "Why do you feel playing with two wingbacks versus a flat back 4 is the best way to utilize the talent on this club?"

Comment

Originally posted by Rangerod View Post
            Why does Ollie persist with wing-backs who are either not defensive-minded (Pawel) or too slow (Bidwell)? If you make the mistake one or a couple of times it's understandable but if you keep on doing it, you're either stupid or you're deluded! The whole first half Leon Clarke was waltzing free-as-you-like into the space between Baptiste and Pawel, and creating havoc. This has happened way too many times this season and we end up having to dig ourselves out of a whole almost every game. As soon as we revert to a flat back four with players in their correct positions then things start happening for us and we create chances as we did yesterday night. Unfortunately, Holloway over-compensated yesterday night by bringing on too many forwards right at the end and the balance disappeared as did our fluidity and opportunity to get something from the game. It was the same #### when Holloway was in charge the first time around and yet he persists and upper-management persists with him. It's tragic. I really like Holloway and what he's done for the club down the years but my God he's no tactician. There's got to be someone better out there even with the shadow of ff. restrictions and fines hanging over us!
            One of my biggest complaints of a 3-5-2 system. Unless you have very athletic and intelligent wing backs and/or left and right sided centre halves who cover effectively when the wing backs are caught forward, there is always space to be exploited behind the wing backs.

You really need players who are used to playing the system. Or at least players clever enough to get their head around it, and coaches smart enough to coach it.

4-4-2 comes far more naturally to 90-odd percent of the players out there, and as such, it's a far safer bet for the calibre of players that we can afford!
            Last edited by Tarbie; 21-02-2018, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
              Your formation's dead/ There's something wrong

Comment

One word. Clueless

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                    Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                    This is Major Ollie to Ground Control, I'm stepping through the door, and I'm floating in a most peculiar way...so out of my depth. And the game looks so very different today...please take me back to the Sky!!...

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                      This is Major Ollie to Ground Control, I'm stepping through the door, and I'm floating in a most peculiar way...so out of my depth. And the game looks so very different today...please take me back to the Sky!!...

Here I am sitting in the dugout
                      Shouting at myself
                      The oppo’s just scored two
                      And I don’t know what to do
                      “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                      Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
                        Here I am sitting in the dugout
                        Shouting at myself
                        The oppo’s just scored two
                        And I don’t know what to do
                        Can you hear us Holloway? Can you hear us Holloway?........

Comment

Commencing countdown,Washingtons on (five,three,two)
                          Check Bidwell and may the crowds love be with you. (two,one, Kickoff)

Comment

Comment

it's about playing to your strengths that olly can't grasp , we don't have the quality to play wing backs in the team . it's a joke when we are losing he just throws on forwards and hopes we get lucky

Comment

Working...
                              X