Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speculation: If we'd started the season with Warnock and not Ollie in charge...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speculation: If we'd started the season with Warnock and not Ollie in charge...

..where do you think we'd be in the table? I'm guessing 6th.

10th.

We don’t have enough quality in the side to be higher at the moment, which is why I like Holloway as manager.

Warnock is tactically better though and is equally as personable & able to get his squad fired up.

I think we can have a crack at top half/fringe play offs next season with smyth, eze and perhaps a couple of astute new signings added to what we have.

Comment

At the start of the season on paper was the Cardiff team stronger than ours?

Comment

We'd be safer, whether playoff contenders is debateable.

60 points should be Ollies target and probably would have been Warnock's.

Comment

Wouldn't be going up, wouldn't be going down, no dramas and a boring season made (even more boring, no sorry I meant) proper exiting by some sad old fark somewhere on a MB
          #standuptocancer
          #inyourfacecancer

Comment

don't see it would have made much of a difference , we have weak strikers that can't hit the target often enough and a team that don't get the ball fwd quickly enough

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
              At the start of the season on paper was the Cardiff team stronger than ours?
              i think so when you look at their team they have some quality players at this level like zohore, bamba, hoilett and even hoilett. warnock always gets the absolute best out of players too like when we won the championship under him we had a team largely filled with players who'd had an average career spearheaded by taarabt.

i think if zohore was on form this season cardiff would be a lot more comfortably in second place.

Comment

Same as we are now
                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                Luke Freeman - 6
                Matt Smith - 6
                Ebere Eze - 4
                Joel Lynch - 3
                Tomer Hemed - 3
                Toni Leistner - 2
                Massimo Luongo- 2
                Angel Rangel - 2
                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                Geoff Cameron - 1
                Aramide Oteh - 1
                Jake Bidwell - 1
                Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by bushkangaroo View Post
                  ..where do you think we'd be in the table? I'm guessing 6th.
                  Top 8

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                    Same as we are now
                    Are you on a wind up Ginge?! As if NW would make the same tactical mistakes as IH not to mention the erratic starting line ups and substitutions.

Na not having that at all.

Comment

Still wouldn't be going up nor down, but reckon we would be slightly higher. Maybe 10th or something.
                      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

We're not as strong a side as Cardiff, but he may have bought in some better/Different players but feel we'd be in top half at least under Warnock. sadly We're stuck with Ollie can't afford to sack him so it was what it is I just think Ollie is a poor manager, especially when compared to the likes of Warnock

Comment

8th or above.

Deffo wouldn't be as boring or predictably lame going forward.

Warnock would be getting the best out of his players in their strongest positions. Playing to a collective team strength.
                          Not persisting with something we are clearly not equipped for.

To suggest Holloway has got us as far as Warnock would have done is as deluded as deluded can be.
                          Sheer fantasy.

Wouldn't mind betting the crowds would be better than they are now as well.

Holloway never was or ever will be anywhere near as good a Manager as Neil Warnock.

Comment

Just a sugar coated "ollie out thread"... Im far from an Ollie fan but these threads are whats bringing this place down imo. Boring, predictable talk.
                            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

I'd say 6-10th.

Warnock keeps it simple and gets best out of most players. Suspect we would be getting more out of Sylla, possibly Washington. Pawel would be playing in his proper position and is good at this level as a winger. Also Warnock likes his pick of solid experienced pros and we have a number of them so think squad makeup would work for him.

However he is at Cardiff, and much better off sad to say!

Comment

Working...
                              X