Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speculation: If we'd started the season with Warnock and not Ollie in charge...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the general consensus is not up, not down so kind of the same as we are now.

But would NW, being at the age he is, have long term in his mind? Would he have blooded the youngsters as we have this season, or would have brought in wiley old pros in search of instant results? I'd say he'd have gone for the latter - and he would've signed Traore again! (1 goal, 1 assist in 2 games to be fair!)

Ok Ollie splits opinions like no other but we've never seen youngsters coming through at such pace and it really does bode well for the coming seasons.

Comment

Holloway is an average Championship manager while Warnock is a very good Championship manager. Of this simple reason I think we would perform better under Warnock, but nowhere near play-offs, simply because we lack quality in the final third.

Looking ahead, I agree with those that believe Warnock wouldn't be the ideal manager in terms of youth. Would he sign BOS, Smyth, Oteh, Chair - players not likely to make an impact this season, but could be great for the future, or would be go for old experienced players, like Derry, Hill, Mackie?

Warnock is shrewd in the transfer market, but I think Holloway has done very well with no budget. Freeman, Smith, Scowen & Baptiste almost for free, that's pretty good! Unless I forget someone, Wheeler has been the only transfer flop under Followay, but hardly cost a lot.

Comment

I agree that we’ve done awfully well with no money this season. Off loaded a bunch of non-performers, uploaded Scowen and Baptiste, and began the process of front-loading our youngsters. Moving forward, the biggest thing we could see next season, beyond another quality player or two, is a commitment to a new formation and style of play. If we don’t have great talent, drop the 3-5-2; doesn’t work for us. And if we’re so fit, let’s go for a high tempo game built for speed where players are always on the move.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
          Holloway is an average Championship manager while Warnock is a very good Championship manager. Of this simple reason I think we would perform better under Warnock, but nowhere near play-offs, simply because we lack quality in the final third.

Looking ahead, I agree with those that believe Warnock wouldn't be the ideal manager in terms of youth. Would he sign BOS, Smyth, Oteh, Chair - players not likely to make an impact this season, but could be great for the future, or would be go for old experienced players, like Derry, Hill, Mackie?

Warnock is shrewd in the transfer market, but I think Holloway has done very well with no budget. Freeman, Smith, Scowen & Baptiste almost for free, that's pretty good! Unless I forget someone, Wheeler has been the only transfer flop under Followay, but hardly cost a lot.
          You've just named players that that make for a bright future but there's more Freeman ,Scowens , Luongo , Robinson , Smithies , BOS , Smythe , Eze , Oteh , plus others waiting in Chair , Tilt , seasoned pros in Lynch and Baptiste , we've got 6 out of contract in June if we can get shot of 4 of those plus a bit more non achievers and the concentrate on full backs what's not to look forward to next season whoever the manager is

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
            Are you on a wind up Ginge?! As if NW would make the same tactical mistakes as IH not to mention the erratic starting line ups and substitutions.

Na not having that at all.
            Alright, 12th. Slight improvement, as you say, because NW has a bit more tactical nous about him. But he isn't the messiah and I don't think anyone can get much more out of the players we have.
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2