Credit where credit's due

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kit View Post
    Deserved our win and make no mistake we are safe, there is no way 50 points is going to be the cut off point this season, 45 max will be safe come May 6th.
    Two more wins then. Could be safe before the end of February!

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
      Two more wins then. Could be safe before the end of February!
      #MiniLeagueIsTillTheLastMinuteOfTheLastGameOfTheSe ason

Comment

3 points is 3 points. Bolton were terrible and can easily see why they haven’t won away for about 2 years.

Overall a boring game, boring performance; boring formation and dead atmosphere.

Smith should have had about 4, Smyth was great when he came on.

Comment

Originally posted by oldskoolturk View Post
          3 points is 3 points. Bolton were terrible and can easily see why they haven’t won away for about 2 years.

Overall a boring game, boring performance; boring formation and dead atmosphere.

Can't disagree with any of that......

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
            Deserved our win and make no mistake we are safe, there is no way 50 points is going to be the cut off point this season, 45 max will be safe come May 6th.
            We are not safe on 39 points,if we finish on 39 points we will finish bottom. I had taught 52 points was the safety mark but with the way the league is this season 50 points will probably be enough meaning 3 more wins(and 2 draws) needed,which is very achievable but we still need to do it.I'm very optomistic we will stay up but certainly don't accept 39 points is enough,that's just nuts

Comment

this

Comment

Blimey thought we played really well according to some posts.

From this glad i didnt go and went to the boxing a freebie of course

Thanks old school and corbs.......and thanks Jamie B c u at the gym

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                  We are not safe on 39 points,if we finish on 39 points we will finish bottom. I had taught 52 points was the safety mark but with the way the league is this season 50 points will probably be enough meaning 3 more wins(and 2 draws) needed,which is very achievable but we still need to do it.I'm very optomistic we will stay up but certainly don't accept 39 points is enough,that's just nuts
                  I didn't read it as that. He was saying 45 points would be enough so more needed for him.

Comment

Agree, 45 points likely will be enough. Some of those teams below us who looked like they might march up the table have done nothing, leaving us in a secure position.

Did the business against a poor Bolton side.

I'm hoping as things looking better might see more of youngsters/fringe players albeit not so as we end up on an end of season run like last season!

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                      I didn't read it as that. He was saying 45 points would be enough so more needed for him.
                      45 points finish 9 times out of 10 means relegation, not sure why people think it will be enough this season,I certainly don't, I think 50 points will be the safety target this season

Comment

45 points finish 9 times out of 10 means relegation, not sure why people think it will be enough this season,I certainly don't, I think 50 points will be the safety target this season
                        The reason people think this is down to mathematical probability, basically. This season has an unusually high number of teams on a very low points tally, therefore the likelihood of all them exceeding 45 points is low this year. Everything points towards a very low bar for survival this time around. The average points tally needed to survive, based on the last 10 seasons or so is around 47 points. Therefore 45 as a cut off wouldn't be at all surprising. It could even be lower.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                          The reason people think this is down to mathematical probability, basically. This season has an unusually high number of teams on a very low points tally, therefore the likelihood of all them exceeding 45 points is low this year. Everything points towards a very low bar for survival this time around. The average points tally needed to survive, based on the last 10 seasons or so is around 47 points. Therefore 45 as a cut off wouldn't be at all surprising. It could even be lower.
                          Changing subject thats how you break Rochdale quick first time purposefull
                          passing and running off the ball......bottom of league1 ffs

Comment

Only 6 times out of 10 means relegation with 45 points.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                              That's a good reply and I can get where you are coming from,this is based on current form ot teams but pretty typically the struggling teams tend to get wins towards the end as they are fighting for their lives,I assume most expect Burton and Sunderland to be as good as relegated,but I expect there to be plenty of twist and turns between now and the end of the season.I expect us to stay up ,just don't think it will be a stroll like so many do on here

Comment

That's a good reply and I can get where you are coming from,this is based on current form ot teams but pretty typically the struggling teams tend to get wins towards the end as they are fighting for their lives,I assume most expect Burton and Sunderland to be as good as relegated,but I expect there to be plenty of twist and turns between now and the end of the season.I expect us to stay up ,just don't think it will be a stroll like so many do on here
                                I tend to agree with you

Comment

Working...
                                X