Credit where credit's due

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit where credit's due

Amazing how quiet it is on here after a well deserved win. Be nice to hear some positives about the team and manager for a change. I watched the game on an excellent feed and I thought we did very well. As the commentator said, we deserved it even before the sending off, which was a clear red card. I thought the ref was excellent - and how often is it that we don't get even a single yellow card? Well done Olly and the lads.

We all know how limited we are in attack - but from a neutral perspective you could say Olly has kept the team moving in the right direction with limited resources and is now starting to bring the young talent through. Which is surely what all of us want, and given just how little he's had to spend and work with? I think even his most negative critics might agree that given the circumstances, 15th place at this stage is the season is a decent position. Those who seem to think we should be in the play-offs by now (judging from some of the comments I've read on here) are deluded IMO. We are pretty much exactly where we should be. And what a great feeling it is to take out for Saturday night! You Rs.

A relegation battle is a relegation battle and make no mistake we are so deep in one and have been all season.

Copyrite RebelR

Comment

Good take on the present situation. Really like the look of our youngsters. I think some will make it!

Comment

Totally agree. Buzzing.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
          Amazing how quiet it is on here after a well deserved win. Be nice to hear some positives about the team and manager for a change. I watched the game on an excellent feed and I thought we did very well. As the commentator said, we deserved it even before the sending off, which was a clear red card. I thought the ref was excellent - and how often is it that we don't get even a single yellow card? Well done Olly and the lads.

We all know how limited we are in attack - but from a neutral perspective you could say Olly has kept the team moving in the right direction with limited resources and is now starting to bring the young talent through. Which is surely what all of us want, and given just how little he's had to spend and work with? I think even his most negative critics might agree that given the circumstances, 15th place at this stage is the season is a decent position. Those who seem to think we should be in the play-offs by now (judging from some of the comments I've read on here) are deluded IMO. We are pretty much exactly where we should be. And what a great feeling it is to take out for Saturday night! You Rs.

Comment

He persists with Washington and WBs. There are encouraging signs but his default mode is age over youth, WBs over FBs, and Washington starts. How does that still work?

We could be half decent.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
              A relegation battle is a relegation battle and make no mistake we are so deep in one and have been all season.

Copyrite RebelR
              We're sunk. It's as if the football tide is playing with us, whooshing us up to 15th before eventually sucking us back into a vortex of despair and oblivion.

Comment

Great win and nice because it was quite routine. Well done rangers

Comment

I got as much pleasure watching little Smyth for twenty odd minutes than I have had much of the season. Great assist made entirely by him. Please God Smith and Smyth will play up for the rest of this season. Poor performance, mind, against a poor team. Welcome win notwithstanding

Comment

It is what it is on this board.. A really good game and well deserved 3 points today, Bolton wasn't even close imho. We have progressed for sure and this position in the league is what we have looked all season.. for sure better than the bottom 6-8 teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                      I got as much pleasure watching little Smyth for twenty odd minutes than I have had much of the season. Great assist made entirely by him. Please God Smith and Smyth will play up for the rest of this season. Poor performance, mind, against a poor team. Welcome win notwithstanding
                      Smyth Eze etc. Good to seem em on the park. Good enough = old enough.

Comment

Fantastic win any which way

Comment

great result and we played well too. credit to all the team and how we went about it, we have to get rid of that 352 though!!!

Comment

Agree with all that you said Hubbs

What really grinds me is, if we lose, match day thread goes beyond 30 pages; win, not even double digits yet.
                            Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                            Work Best When Open...
                            @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

I want to see the manager gone in the summer as I think when we win it more often despite him, but a. delighted we won today well done Ollie and b. delighted we seem to have half a dozen decent kids coming through (thanks Chris Ramsey).

Comment

Working...
                              X