On way home | QPR 2 Bolton 0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On way home | QPR 2 Bolton 0

Another 3 decent points towards safety, should have scored more and had 2 blantant penalty’s on Smith turned down, his shirt gets pulled so often it was criminal that the officials miss it.
    Defence solid with Lynch playing really well in defence and attack, a couple of nervous moments but what’s new.

To me though today the middle 3 and especially Luongo were poor, forever slowing down the game and giving away possession, again in a 3-5-2 Pav and Bidwell looked lost, upfront Washington was totally ineffective, really have given up with him, young Smyth did more in 10 mins than Washington, we may have a little star in the making.
    Smith did well, scored 1, made 1, maybe should have scored a couple more.

Didn’t really see the sending off, however the player did not argue and walked straight off.
    Hopefully will be safe soon, and then we can give the younger players more game time.

Thought the red was very harsh my first thought was a second yellow but no , imho we have the basis for a very good side next season need a couple of right backs maybe a left back , and these young players to become regulars , still could get shot of five or six in June

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
      Thought the red was very harsh my first thought was a second yellow but no , imho we have the basis for a very good side next season need a couple of right backs maybe a left back , and these young players to become regulars , still could get shot of five or six in June
      from MU block it did look like a red card offence as the tackle was a proper cruncher. not as bad as mannings against barnsley but it was still the right call imo

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
        from MU block it did look like a red card offence as the tackle was a proper cruncher. not as bad as mannings against barnsley but it was still the right call imo
        Well you was closer I was in nu

Comment

Well you was closer I was in nu
          hmm ... i think we need to find someone in LU block then as they'd have an even closer look at the red card

Comment

Card was a deffo Red, watched it back on Sky Sports, the geezer launched double footed off the ground and whilst he actually landed between the legs, it could have been so much worse. Sitting in the lower loft I thought it was harsh, but seeing it on Sky no complaints and probably why he walked off without much complaint. In terms of the match itself, I sat for the majority of the game thinking and saying its a matter of time, we were well in control, should have scored more and apart from one decent save from smithies, they didn't offer any real threat. But in great posting spirit people still look to complain about the performance or individuals or the tactics or the manager or the Management. My perspective as it has been for the majority, if not all of the season, look at who was playing last year when we just finished above the line, there hasn't been much of an influx of Quality players (not to mention who we let go). All in all the season and Holloway isn't as bad as so so many are making out. Get Real:-).....Now to get castigated for those comments. Oh to be a Sunderland or Birmingham Supporter????

Comment

And a proper manager instead of a clown.

Comment

Originally posted by Fghoop View Post
                Card was a deffo Red, watched it back on Sky Sports, the geezer launched double footed off the ground and whilst he actually landed between the legs, it could have been so much worse. Sitting in the lower loft I thought it was harsh, but seeing it on Sky no complaints and probably why he walked off without much complaint. In terms of the match itself, I sat for the majority of the game thinking and saying its a matter of time, we were well in control, should have scored more and apart from one decent save from smithies, they didn't offer any real threat. But in great posting spirit people still look to complain about the performance or individuals or the tactics or the manager or the Management. My perspective as it has been for the majority, if not all of the season, look at who was playing last year when we just finished above the line, there hasn't been much of an influx of Quality players (not to mention who we let go). All in all the season and Holloway isn't as bad as so so many are making out. Get Real:-).....Now to get castigated for those comments. Oh to be a Sunderland or Birmingham Supporter????
                Its called discussion, that’s what forums are for, most supporters had fairly low expectations this season, however watching our manager persist with 5-3-2, with Bidwell your attacking option is ludicrous, every week Holloway sets the team up wrongly and corrects it some time during the game, if he had started the 11 today that finished the match we would have won easily, same at Wolves, same against Barnsley etc etc, if you are happy watching players played out of position fine, but I’m not and will criticise Holloway and badly performing players even after a win.

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
                  Its called discussion, that’s what forums are for, most supporters had fairly low expectations this season, however watching our manager persist with 5-3-2, with Bidwell your attacking option is ludicrous, every week Holloway sets the team up wrongly and corrects it some time during the game, if he had started the 11 today that finished the match we would have won easily, same at Wolves, same against Barnsley etc etc, if you are happy watching players played out of position fine, but I’m not and will criticise Holloway and badly performing players even after a win.
                  I am more than happy with Smyth coming off from the bench. A real live wire but let's give the lad some time
                  I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
                    Poor Washington was terrible today. I think it's cruel of Ollie to keep playing him at a level he obviously can't manage. He'd be banging them in at a lower level.

Comment

Originally posted by Fghoop View Post
                      Never a red if that’s a red we would play 8 a side every week, very harsh !

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                        It was the fact it was a scissor tackle.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                          looking at the highlights it looks like a red card offence but a bit of a harsh one if that makes sense

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                            looking at the highlights it looks like a red card offence but a bit of a harsh one if that makes sense
                            By the letter of the law, sure. But the law is an ass. Fella was going two MPH....

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                              By the letter of the law, sure. But the law is an ass. Fella was going two MPH....
                              yeah i agree after looking at the highlights that its a bit of a harsh red as it wasn't that dangerous (unlike mannings). i don't really recall him commiting many fouls during the game either so a straight red is a bit of an overreaction. oh well i'm not a bolton fan

Comment

Working...
                              X