80s QPR ski hats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vespa View Post
    Spurs ,except for the obvious Celtic/Rangers wore Dundee Utd cos of Richard Gough . It was definitely a mid 80s thing , i wore one When we done Chelsea 6-0 and at the the 86 Cup final for sure . There was a huge Chelsea firm at Earls Court after the 6-0 ,i dont think theyd even attended the match , and loads of them were wearing Chelsea ski hats ,no Celtic ones funnily enough !
    Vespa, did Chelsea/Rangers start it with their 'Blues Brothers' thing and others followed suit (adding the Celtic option and others for whatever reason)? And were they still available/ reissued in the 90s or am I imagining still seeing them around then?

Comment

It's funny they call these ski hats, I certainly wouldn't wear the one I have skiing, much too thin to keep the ears warm!
      @gatorTFC

Comment

Dunraven ,
        I remember the all QPR ski hats out in about 83/84 ,certainly not 82 , but the craze for the Celtic /Rangers thing ? not sure who started it , but it had spread like wildfire round the country by 84/85 , obviously Chelsea wore Rangers ,Arsenal wore Celtic , we were mixed ,with Celtic the majority , By the time it got to 85/86 the England or Union Jack came out ,Palace wore Brasil ones madly enough .
        No one i remember wore them into the 90s , but all this is just my memories , and Acid House messed that up !
        Last edited by vespa; 17-02-2018, 09:50 PM.
        Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Arsenal played Celtic in a testimonial for David O'Leary in the 80's and his brother Pierce played for Celtic so maybe that is where that came from.

Comment

I remember the all QPR ski hats out in about 83/84 ,certainly not 82 , but the craze for the Celtic /Rangers thing ? not sure who started it , but it had spread like wildfire round the country by 84/85 , obviously Chelsea wore Rangers ,Arsenal wore Celtic , we were mixed ,with Celtic the majority , By the time it got to 85/86 the England or Union Jack came out ,Palace wore Brasil ones madly enough .
            No one i remember wore them into the 90s , but all this is just my memories , and Acid House messed that up !
            I wonder how my QPR/Hearts one came about, I don't think there is any connection whatsoever between the clubs, I thought it was cool though, that's why I bought it!
            @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
              It's funny they call these ski hats, I certainly wouldn't wear the one I have skiing, much too thin to keep the ears warm!
              Have to agree; balaclava, snood and insulated helmet with built in headphones is what I am sporting on the bunny hill this season
              Minds Are Like Parachutes.
              Work Best When Open...
              @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
                Have to agree; balaclava, snood and insulated helmet with built in headphones is what I am sporting on the bunny hill this season
                I'll bet when you were living in England you never thought there would be a day when you were wearing a balaclava unless of course you were planning on robbing banks!
                @gatorTFC

Comment

Dont remember too many lads who wore Hearts , although i do remember one lad at Spurs away mid 80s ,chatting to him ,he had dark gelled back hair and a black fur hooded flight jacket on ! Wasnt you was it Gator ? Crazy i can picture him ,but i cant remember what i did last week ! middle age for ya !

Comment

Must've just been me and a few other street urchins wearing our hand-me-downs then! I would've been too young to buy me own in 83/84. Like you I'm a bit hazy and trying to piece it together. Great thread btw

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                      Arsenal played Celtic in a testimonial for David O'Leary in the 80's and his brother Pierce played for Celtic so maybe that is where that came from.
                      They always had big Irish support ,half their team was Irish in the early 80s

Comment

Dont remember too many lads who wore Hearts , although i do remember one lad at Spurs away mid 80s ,chatting to him ,he had dark gelled back hair and a black fur hooded flight jacket on ! Wasnt you was it Gator ? Crazy i can picture him ,but i cant remember what i did last week ! middle age for ya !
                        I wasn't me, I didn't have a fur hooded flight jacket or hair, even back then!
                        @gatorTFC

Comment

This thread is hereby dedicated to Vesps :-) (especially from 1:38 onwards)

Comment

They always had big Irish support ,half their team was Irish in the early 80s
                            liam brady was god at highbury back in the day

Comment

Born is the king.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X