Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would you like to finance the termination of Holloway's contract?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would you like to finance the termination of Holloway's contract?

It seems like the majority of posters on this message board wants to the back of Holloway, the sooner the better.

Whenever a club changes manager, the entire backroom staff seems to change, as the new manager wants to bring his own team on board. Of this reason, a change of manager is very costly. The longer the time left of the manager contract, the more expensive it is.

I believe Holloway’s contract expires in June next year. If we sack him now, we will probably have to pay the reminder of his contract, meaning compensating 16 months of salary. In addition, Bircham and a few other people will have to leave, including the coaches, the physio, the fitness coach etc. I guess it will cost quite a bit.

We are apparently close to breaking the FFP rules yet again. This is a big problem in itself, but it will potentially also have negative effect on the dispute/appeal over the FFP breach penalty dating back to our promotion season. If we are to afford the extra costs of getting rid of Holloway and his backroom team, we will most likely have to sell one or more of our players to balance the books in order to avoid getting in breach of the present FFP rules.

I am afraid that very few of our players are saleable. I think the only decent asset we have is Smithies.

My question goes to those wanting to get rid of Holloway: Would you be happy if we parted with Smithies during the summer transfer window to finance the sacking of Holloway, or would you rather see the season ticket prices increase £200 to afford it?

Big Mac and chips.

Comment

So we were reported to have sold just under 10,000 season tickets last year. At a £200 increase that would put Holloway,Bircham and our one coach on just under £2million a year. Can't really see that Ms. Abbott.

Comment

Does he have one more season after this?

Comment

we could easily put washington in a giant hamster wheel and get him to just run in it. it'll generate power which we can then harvest, put into batteries and then sell. washington loves running so he'd be well up for it. we'd easily make enough batteries to finance ollies termination

Comment

For starters they wouldn't sack the whole backroom team. Coaches maybe, but physios etc. shouldn't have to go too. Secondly, I really doubt Ollie and Birch are on much money at all. I bet you could pay them both off for the final year of their contracts for far less than a million quid. And who's to say they will want paid the full length of the contract anyway? If Tony sits down with Ollie at the end of the season and says 'sorry, it ain't working out', you telling me you don't think a more favourable deal can be struck? I'm sure it probably can.
            Last edited by Tarbie; 15-02-2018, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
              For starters they wouldn't sack the whole backroom team. Coaches maybe, but physios etc. shouldn't have to go too. Secondly, I really doubt Ollie and Birch are on much money at all. I bet you could pay them both off for the final year of their contracts for far less than a million quid. And who's to say they will want paid the full length of the contract anyway? If Tony sits down with Ollie at the end of the season and says 'sorry, it ain't working out', you telling me you don't think a more favourable deal can be struck? I'm sure it probably can.

Comment

I’m no Ollie fan but if I was getting sacked I would want every penny of what I’m owed. Only deal I would do is one that favoured me and my family

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                  So we were reported to have sold just under 10,000 season tickets last year. At a £200 increase that would put Holloway,Bircham and our one coach on just under £2million a year. Can't really see that Ms. Abbott.
                  I have assumed some price elasticity, meaning an increase in ticket prices will reduce number of tickets sold. A wild guess, but I think a £200 increase in price would give maximum £1m extra revenue. I don't know the salary of Holloway and his backroom staff, but I guess we are talking minimum £1m.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                    I’m no Ollie fan but if I was getting sacked I would want every penny of what I’m owed. Only deal I would do is one that favoured me and my family
                    I would imagine most of these terminations are like that. If someone is contractually entitled to something there seems no reason they would give it up. I seem to remember Neil Warnock doing Palace a favour when we got him from them but they were really on their knees then.

Comment

But Warnock was walking into another job where we had serious wonga. Not to bag Ollie but when he leaves us what is he going to do who will want him??? Back to sky??

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                        This. Especially when he knows he has no chance of getting a manager role with any other club...

Comment

Originally posted by Northolt_Rs View Post
                          This. Especially when he knows he has no chance of getting a manager role with any other club...
                          We wrote same thing

Comment

We surely have more saleable assets than Smithies?.....Wszolek? Freeman? Luongo? Sylla? Scowen? Bidwell?

Comment

I don't want Ollie sacked, I want him to be better.

I also don't want Ollie sacked as I don't see a viable replacement, that would do any better, until we get out of FFP quagmire.

However, though a loyal fan I am, I do not get to enough games to have an opinion on the volatility of Ollie's tenure, from a fans perspective. Is it really that bad? From where i'm sitting it's a bit rubbish and we should be better, but not so horrendous that we need to start paying to sack a manager...

Comment

Working...
                              X