No announcement yet.

Matt Smith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bit part player, apparently wants to play more but one dimensional in my opinion
    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

He sort of reminds of Clint Hill. Let's be fair, neither of them are gifted with an abundance of pace or talent but sheer determination and professionalism can go a long long way. I don't mean this to sound condescending or derogatory either... Clint is a hero and legend. Matt's not there yet but he's off a similar mould and character I reckon and therefore I like him and want him to get minutes on the pitch and some service so he can thrive for us.

Comment

He seemed to know so much more about time and space and different dimensions when he was Doctor Who.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
          He sort of reminds of Clint Hill. Let's be fair, neither of them are gifted with an abundance of pace or talent but sheer determination and professionalism can go a long long way. I don't mean this to sound condescending or derogatory either... Clint is a hero and legend. Matt's not there yet but he's off a similar mould and character I reckon and therefore I like him and want him to get minutes on the pitch and some service so he can thrive for us.
          He misses sooooo many goalscoring chances.....but we haven’t got any money so we’re stuck with him. Let’s hope he builds up his strength and stamina and improves his scoring ratio.

Comment

Limited but effective player is big Smith, We will never see the best of him until we start pumping crosses in the box for him to attack. Reminds me of Chris Waddle in the way he always looked knackered.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
              Reminds me of Chris Waddle in the way he always looked knackered.
              I reckon he'd take that comparison any day even if it is just for looking knackered

Comment

Like Smith comes with the right attitude but he is pretty basic. Apart from when ball goes into the box I don’t actually think he’s that great with his head and for me don’t flick it on or win it enough

Feel sorry for him as when he comes off the bench he makes difference but when he starts he’s usually poor so he can’t really win

I would put Polter ahead of him if he was still here and a choice

Comment

I just don’t know where I stand on smith as a stater he looks pish but comes on plays a blinder and I call for him to start the next game as someone else stated I think he needs crosses to fed on but also think he can play with the ball but is told not too it really is a tough one with smith I think maybe him and Eze should be the starting 2 up top for rest of season

Comment

I know exactly where I stand on Smith and have said so many times.

He has a superb ratio at this level, way ahead of any of our other strikers, and with proper service will not only score but cause problems.
                    Players like him get marginalised in iffy WB systems which is why they went out of fashion. But you can still play him and play football, you just need depth out wide. Add a dedicated hitman along side (ie not CW) and suddenly you have a functional offensive set up.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                      I know exactly where I stand on Smith and have said so many times.

He has a superb ratio at this level, way ahead of any of our other strikers, and with proper service will not only score but cause problems.
                      Players like him get marginalised in iffy WB systems which is why they went out of fashion. But you can still play him and play football, you just need depth out wide. Add a dedicated hitman along side (ie not CW) and suddenly you have a functional offensive set up.
                      this. we got crosses to him today all game and he must have had 4 shots on target and a goal coz of it. he is lethal in the air and very effective at what he does. give him service from the wings and have players around him to make up for his lack of technique and you have a dangerous man up front

Comment

fair play to the lump, he kept huffing and puffing but found the net in the end.

well done big lump
                        nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                          fair play to the lump, he kept huffing and puffing but found the net in the end.

well done big lump
                          Yep he was really blowing but credit the wee marn for dropping it right on his head

Comment

About as dangerous has Douglas Bardar I thought he done well today
                            You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post

well done big lump
                              Yep he was really blowing but credit the wee marn for dropping it right on his head , I think we are going to Smith start most games as young guns are on the short side

Comment

So under rated. If there is a better header of the ball id like to know who it is. His goals and assists might , just might with the help of a major miracle keep us up and get us away from the bottom.
                                Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 18-02-2018, 12:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X