Matt Smith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by corbray View Post
    this. we got crosses to him today all game and he must have had 4 shots on target and a goal coz of it. he is lethal in the air and very effective at what he does. give him service from the wings and have players around him to make up for his lack of technique and you have a dangerous man up front
    Liked the fact that Ollie is getting him into training early to get him fitter.

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
      #runningtheharlingtonhillofhell
      https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
        Ok not knocking but surely with two months of season left he should be fit already, if he’s not fit by now he’s never going to be fit or fitter then he is

Comment

No matter how fit he is, he'll still have the pace of a tortoise.

Comment

looked as if he's got the world on his shoulders does Matty. Cheer up fella
            I must away now, I can no longer tarry
            This morning's tempest I have to cross
            I must be guided without a stumble
            Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
              That doesn't matter if the set up is right, a real hitman (ie not CW) could live happy off his scraps.

Amazing how many people who rated Polter (ffs) diss Smith........
              Last edited by hal9thou; 18-02-2018, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Polter does what smith does and he was mobile. Do like smith however

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                  That doesn't matter if the set up is right, a real hitman (ie not CW) could live happy off his scraps.

Especially the Hitman of this parish.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                    Pace yes but losing a few pounds will help his mobility
                    around the pitch

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post

Give him good service he will score.

Remember Ferdinand being a bit ifyy then Francis got
                      hold of him worked on his overall fitness and muscle tone
                      and suddenly we had a player.

Before anyone jumps on me Smith is not and never will
                      be as good as Ferdinand as a player

Comment

Tiny, tiny tiny, tiny tiny, tiny tiny Paul Smyth
                        Massive, massive massive, massive massive, massive massive Matt Smith

Comment

i cant believe how important matt smith is to qpr

he is so so so important but i still think he would be better to just play the second half,because he seems to come off that bench like a new man, as a very large man i dont think he has the stamina to play the whole game,what do you guys think whole game or half a game
                          Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

whole game now imo. to be fair to smith and the club he has looked a lot sharper and fitter in recent games due to his new training regime. he's definetly been impacting entire games over the past few matches rather than 30 minute cameos a few months ago when he just lumbered about.
                            odds are he needs 3, 4 or maybe even 5 chances a game to score but he seems to be getting more chances to either flick the ball on or take a shot. he consistently gets shots and headers on goal and although he misses or the keeper saves them hes still pretty consistent compared to our other strikers.

smith's problem atm is hes being played in a formation that absolutely sucks and takes so much away from the team. hes not getting the service from the wings to do what he does best and is being partnered with a skiving postman up front who struggles to link up with smith properly or bring other players into play.

Comment

I find Smith frustrating to watch. He needs to improve his foot work - passing and shooting. He also needs to get better at winning the ball in the air ie: learn to jump. This will make him more effective. At the moment the goals aren't enough as we're still losing games. We need proper wingers, not wing backs. Once these issues are addrssed it won't mater if he plays full or half match. Saturday will be a big test for us.

Comment

Working...
                              X