Matt Smith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Smith

I know many don't like Matt Smith. He is slow and cannot run much. However, he is the one that always makes the difference when n the side. Given good service (which is a rarity on our side) he can cause havoc in the opponent's box with good headers and by keeping the ball well. In nearly all the games he played, either when he starts or when he came on as a substitute, he gets in on scoring chances. He plays with passion and always gives his best. Although I have my reservations as most of you have on his overall play, but he is clinical in the box. He just needs wingers to get the crosses in......now don't start with IH again! Keep with the subject.
    Last edited by Martinmalta; 16-02-2018, 10:01 AM.

Love the idea of somebody being cynical in the box - would take us to a whole new level. Maybe we could deliberately miss chances with disdain? Seriously, really like Mat’s attitude. The new Peter Crouch?

Comment

Originally posted by wortonranger View Post
      Love the idea of somebody being cynical in the box - would take us to a whole new level. Maybe we could deliberately miss chances with disdain? Seriously, really like Mat’s attitude. The new Peter Crouch?
      Rather they were clinical.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
        Rather they were clinical.
        Yeah. That's the correct word I guess!!

Comment

The definition of a cynic is 'someone who has given up'.

Comment

Trouble with Smith he can win headers but cannot place headers. That's why he is a bit hit or miss.

Comment

Does he work on pace and control in training?

Comment

Smith is bang average ,of course he his but he adds something different and we are are a team of bang average players looking to avoid relegation so our bang average manager should play his best team .

Comment

Great squad player to have and would probably be a decent first team player if we had a manager who was more tactically savvy.

I rate Matt Smith - definitely decent enough for a bang average championship team.

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                    What's training? Is that where we work on free kicks, corners and throw-ins?

Comment

I like Matt Smith. Offers enough. Especially from the bench. Unless we start playing wingers and two upfront that's where he should be.

He also has a brain that works, something many footballers seem to lack, dunno if that helps him on the pitch but whatever.

Comment

I don't think it's a coincidence that we caused more problems for Wolves on the weekend when Smith came on in the second half. Hes done that more than once this season. More useful than people give him credit for imo.
                        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                        Pawel Wszolek - 6
                        Luke Freeman - 6
                        Matt Smith - 6
                        Ebere Eze - 4
                        Joel Lynch - 3
                        Tomer Hemed - 3
                        Toni Leistner - 2
                        Massimo Luongo- 2
                        Angel Rangel - 2
                        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                        Geoff Cameron - 1
                        Aramide Oteh - 1
                        Jake Bidwell - 1
                        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                          What coaches do we have to organise training? Holloway and Bircham.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
                            I know many don't like Matt Smith. He is slow and cannot run much. However, he is the one that always makes the difference when n the side. Given good service (which is a rarity on our side) he can cause havoc in the opponent's box with good headers and by keeping the ball well. In nearly all the games he played, either when he starts or when he came on as a substitute, he gets in on scoring chances. He plays with passion and always gives his best. Although I have my reservations as most of you have on his overall play, but he is cynical in the box. He just needs wingers to get the crosses in......now don't start with IH again! Keep with the subject.
                            Must say he looked really good when he came on against wolves, & showing a fair bit of aggression which is great to see, especially upfront
                            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

I think it was pretty unanimous a while back that he wasn't a 90 minute player better suited to coming off the bench if this is true don't blame the manager for not starting him

Comment

Working...
                              X