Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Commemorative green and white home kit...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Celtic stuff is all a bit daft. Plenty of clubs have changed strip over the years and many 'shared' shirts back in the day - Villa, Palace, Burnley and West Ham all had claret with blue sleeves that looked the same. Strange the Scottish Sun never compared Arsenal to Hearts.....and Queens Park played in hoops before switching to the blue of Rangers.
    Last edited by Alanwycombe; 12-02-2018, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
      Never worn or bought a qpr shirt, got a white France one from years ago and a Argentine one somewhere,never wear them either
      I shouldn't say this but I believe the Argentine kit is the most iconic of them all..just shouts out the best and worst of the beautiful game.
      As to our 100 year shirts, who in marketing thought stick the pre sale on Valentine's day...be a pwoper massacre in T block household if I was standing outside HQ at 9am.

Comment

not buying it because they have left off Caulker's name.

Comment

We started off blue in 1886. No thanks! Hate the green and white shirts.

Comment

I like it. Then again, I've still got the Binatone one and the old half-half qpr-Celtic beanie hat...somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by Dunraven View Post
              I like it. Then again, I've still got the Binatone one and the old half-half qpr-Celtic beanie hat...somewhere
              Remember those half and half hats , i had a QPR /Rangers one and a bit later a QPR/ Union Jack one , reckon they`d go for a few quid on ebay now
              Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by Chopper View Post
                We started off blue in 1886. No thanks! Hate the green and white shirts.
                You sure Chopper? Did they go blue when St Jude's and Christ Church Rangers merged as I think one of them was green and white? Think there were halved shirts in there sometime too. I'm no club historian.

Comment

Looks fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                    You sure Chopper? Did they go blue when St Jude's and Christ Church Rangers merged as I think one of them was green and white? Think there were halved shirts in there sometime too. I'm no club historian.
                    They started off in 1882 wearing Light Blue and Navy quarters, and changed in 1892 to Green & White hoops. Then blue and white hoops in 1926.

They have no plans of wearing this shirt for any game, so quite frankly, it is just another marketing ploy. I will steer clear of buying it.

Comment

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Quee...rk_Rangers.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Dunraven View Post
                        I had the half and half QPR Celtic beanie, I think I got it outside Wembley at the 82 final.
                        I had to burn it after Manure relegated us from the prem as it was part of a bet with a Manure fan that we would stay up
                        Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                        Work Best When Open...
                        @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

When I played school football one of our opponents had green & white hoops. They looked fabulous! Still like them more than blue&white.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                            They started off in 1882 wearing Light Blue and Navy quarters, and changed in 1892 to Green & White hoops. Then blue and white hoops in 1926.

They have no plans of wearing this shirt for any game, so quite frankly, it is just another marketing ploy. I will steer clear of buying it.
                            It's a half-arsed marketing attempt at that Stan. Thanks for the info.

Comment

My eldest when a kid playing local football was head hunted by a decent local side who played in green white hoops, he refused as don't like Celtic. Didn't hurt him though as he went to Southend following season lol
                              Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Thanks, I stand corrected, they started in light blue and navy halves not quarters.

Comment

Working...
                                X