Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 33

Thread: Commemorative green and white home kit...

  1. Default

    The Celtic stuff is all a bit daft. Plenty of clubs have changed strip over the years and many 'shared' shirts back in the day - Villa, Palace, Burnley and West Ham all had claret with blue sleeves that looked the same. Strange the Scottish Sun never compared Arsenal to Hearts.....and Queens Park played in hoops before switching to the blue of Rangers.
    Last edited by Alanwycombe; 12-02-2018 at 10:43 PM.

  2. Default

    Originally Posted by Gtleighsr3
    Never worn or bought a qpr shirt, got a white France one from years ago and a Argentine one somewhere,never wear them either
    I shouldn't say this but I believe the Argentine kit is the most iconic of them all..just shouts out the best and worst of the beautiful game.
    As to our 100 year shirts, who in marketing thought stick the pre sale on Valentine's day...be a pwoper massacre in T block household if I was standing outside HQ at 9am.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Enfield/Clacton
    Posts
    1,281

    Default

    not buying it because they have left off Caulker's name.

  4. Default

    We started off blue in 1886. No thanks! Hate the green and white shirts.

  5. #20

    Default

    I like it. Then again, I've still got the Binatone one and the old half-half qpr-Celtic beanie hat...somewhere

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    on the edge ( of Croydon)
    Posts
    6,402

    Default

    Originally Posted by Dunraven
    I like it. Then again, I've still got the Binatone one and the old half-half qpr-Celtic beanie hat...somewhere
    Remember those half and half hats , i had a QPR /Rangers one and a bit later a QPR/ Union Jack one , reckon they`d go for a few quid on ebay now
    Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

  7. Default

    Originally Posted by Chopper
    We started off blue in 1886. No thanks! Hate the green and white shirts.
    You sure Chopper? Did they go blue when St Jude's and Christ Church Rangers merged as I think one of them was green and white? Think there were halved shirts in there sometime too. I'm no club historian.

  8. #23

    Default

    Looks fantastic.

  9. #24

    Default

    Originally Posted by Alanwycombe
    You sure Chopper? Did they go blue when St Jude's and Christ Church Rangers merged as I think one of them was green and white? Think there were halved shirts in there sometime too. I'm no club historian.
    They started off in 1882 wearing Light Blue and Navy quarters, and changed in 1892 to Green & White hoops. Then blue and white hoops in 1926.

    They have no plans of wearing this shirt for any game, so quite frankly, it is just another marketing ploy. I will steer clear of buying it.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The Ferry
    Posts
    2,738

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    6,345

    Default

    Originally Posted by Dunraven
    I like it. Then again, I've still got the Binatone one and the old half-half qpr-Celtic beanie hat...somewhere
    I had the half and half QPR Celtic beanie, I think I got it outside Wembley at the 82 final.
    I had to burn it after Manure relegated us from the prem as it was part of a bet with a Manure fan that we would stay up
    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
    Work Best When Open...
    @Nowt2SeeHere

  12. Default

    When I played school football one of our opponents had green & white hoops. They looked fabulous! Still like them more than blue&white.

  13. Default

    Originally Posted by stanistheman
    They started off in 1882 wearing Light Blue and Navy quarters, and changed in 1892 to Green & White hoops. Then blue and white hoops in 1926.

    They have no plans of wearing this shirt for any game, so quite frankly, it is just another marketing ploy. I will steer clear of buying it.
    It's a half-arsed marketing attempt at that Stan. Thanks for the info.

  14. #29

    Default

    My eldest when a kid playing local football was head hunted by a decent local side who played in green white hoops, he refused as don't like Celtic. Didn't hurt him though as he went to Southend following season lol
    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

  15. #30

    Default

    Thanks, I stand corrected, they started in light blue and navy halves not quarters.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •