Goss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    Hence why I use stats too... it's a combo of everything that's necessary, no one view gives you the full picture.
    I know. Good simple rule: Use stats, when they suit the agenda. Use eyes, when they donīt.
    https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

I hope Luongo has a good World Cup and we can sell him after for an inflated price.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
        I hope Luongo has a good World Cup and we can sell him after for an inflated price.
        Me too, just hope they lose the Denmark match.
        https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post
          Me too, just hope they lose the Denmark match.
          Personally want them to demolish Denmark but get demolished by Peru in the one group match Luongo doesn't play... gotta have my Peruvians in the next round haha. Nothing against Denmark of course, but a great Luongo tournament and Peru getting through is high on my priority list.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Luongo: 16 off target, 14 on target, 1 on the post and 16 blocked. So from a total of 46 shots, Luongo has an on target accuracy of 30.43%

Freeman: 23 off target, 18 on target, 1 on the post and 31 blocked. So from a total of 72 shots, Freeman has an on target accuracy of 25%

Lets take it a step further and assume that half of the blocked shots were on target for both players. Now Luongo has 46.8% accuracy and Freeman has 45.9%. So to say that their shooting has been particularly different in quality is statistically incorrect. More so it would be incorrect to say that Freeman's shooting is any better than Luongo's.

The final thing I found most interesting was looking at their left to right foot ratio. Freeman took 61 shots with his left foot and only 10 with his right. Luongo has taken 25 with his right and 16 with his left. The rest of their shots were headers (Freeman with 1, Luongo with 5 which also tells me Luongo gets into the box more for those but then Freeman is probably on the wing in that scenario so it's unsurprising).

They both also have roughly the same proportion of shots inside the box compared to their total at about 37%.

All in all, their shooting is about as good as each others statistically speaking, although Luongo is more two footed than Freeman. No skewed stats here mate XD
            The stat that counts is in the goals scored column. Would that then make it mass every 23 shots a goal is scored and freeman every 13 shots a goal is scored? Basing that on mass scored 2freeman 4. So luongo is equally as bad with either foot is that how it reads?

Comment

Fervently disagree with that but each to their own. Guy has a belter on him at times and if you've watched most of the matches this season, you'd see them.

I understand the law of probability thing stated by Stanley, but just from watching him shoot, I don't think that reducing the number of shots will improve the accuracy significantly enough for the difference to be noticeable. Personally, Chery, Fer and Austin were the last three players that I can say had legitimately excellent shots on them from all over the pitch (that I remember. Chances are I'm missing someone)
              It's all well and good having a belter of a shot, but they're pointless if they're skied over the bar or blocked, which the majority have been.
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Scored again tonight from a free kick. Could be playing in Europe next season!

Comment

Not good enough for the mighty QPR though!!

Comment

Hasn't been to enough chest thumping classes. Keeps nicking off and practising football skills.

Comment

LTC playing really well for prem Swansea, not good enough for qpr though and one of the boo boys on heres favourites,
                      "Get out my farking club carroll you useless midget wages thief.

Comment

LG will be looking forward to seeing Eze and co on the bench if he comes back.

Comment

good for goss again. its great for us too whether he stays or we sell him.
                          i think we'll keep him though as i reckon mass or freeman will be gone in the summer for sure. only thing that worries me is that he may not be played in his right role. it'd be interesting to see him partnering scowen in a 4231 though, could possibly be a very good partnership in front of the defence

Comment

They love him up there and are already trying to make the move permanent.
                            Even more examples of how useless Ollie is at utilising players im afraid.

Comment

Ollie won't play him properly in a million years. He doesn't run about enough. But that's not his game. I bet Ollie wouldn't have played Pirlo if we had him in his pomp.

Comment

https://twitter.com/WestMidsLoyal/st...83239387500544

His goal.

Comment

Working...
                                X