Goss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by James1979 View Post
    In the interview Goss doesn’t seem to keen to come back to us after what has happened and said to him. That’s the issue. Blame for that must be with Ollie. We can’t always roll out the “money grabbing selfish footballers” comments, it’s down to the managers to manage these players.....especially the young ones.

No player is bigger than the club. But if the guy has talent and could go on to better things, we should develop him here and sell him for a bigger fee later.

No manager is bigger than the club either. This season and since he joined and to be honest during his last time here.....all about the Ian Holloway show.
    I think you've hit the nail on the head with that last sentence mate. You speak to anyone in and around the club they'll tell you that he always has to be centre of attention, and he always has to have the last word. I genuinely think he looks at himself as some sort of club hero, and he was surprised by some of the backlash that he's had this season. He really should move on while he has some sort of relationship with the fans left. It's gonna end up like Wenger at Arsenal if something isn't done soon (albeit Wenger has done a lot more for Arsenal than Ollie has done for us).

Also agree with you on Goss. The lad has done nothing wrong, he's just been honest. Any suggestion that he's some kind of trouble maker seems well over the top to me. Perhaps guilty of thinking he'd walk into the side, only the players and staff will know how much effort he's put in during training. But hes handled himself professionally publicly throughout, despite what seems to be some rough treatment from the manager.

Comment

• Originally posted by PunteR View Post
      C'mon acricketer, Ollie might not be the best manager out there but he's as real as the next championship manager. I'm genuinely gutted to see how Ollie is ending up being just another scapegoat for TF and the rest of the boards mismanagement of our club.
      Ollie has spent years at the club, he cares about the welfare of the club, he knows the club. Why are we tearing down people that want to help the club. QPR people. Ferdinand, Sinton,Bircham, Holloway. ? Yes its not great atm but the problem at the club stems from the top. I personally didn't think Ollie was the right appointment and i have reservations about next season,hopefully im wrong. But to want some jumped up ex man u reserve player thats done nothing for our club to want to show up ollie as a muppet is just bizarre.

Ollie doesn't need Goss or anyone else for that matter to show himself up as a Muppet.

He's managed that all by himself since day one. In fact it's probably the ONLY thing he's good at.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
        Did we need to drop anyone for him to get some game time?
        Goss certainly could have had more sub appearances but to really develop you need consistency and, ideally, more full 90 min games. I think the loan is perfect because he was not getting proper game time. Same with Manning - needs a loan as Holloway just won't break up that combination of Luongo and Scowen.

Comment

• Originally posted by PunteR View Post
          C'mon acricketer, Ollie might not be the best manager out there but he's as real as the next championship manager. I'm genuinely gutted to see how Ollie is ending up being just another scapegoat for TF and the rest of the boards mismanagement of our club.
          Ollie has spent years at the club, he cares about the welfare of the club, he knows the club. Why are we tearing down people that want to help the club. QPR people. Ferdinand, Sinton,Bircham, Holloway. ? Yes its not great atm but the problem at the club stems from the top. I personally didn't think Ollie was the right appointment and i have reservations about next season,hopefully im wrong. But to want some jumped up ex man u reserve player thats done nothing for our club to want to show up ollie as a muppet is just bizarre.
          It is bizarre to want a manager to fail. But Ollie has done this himself. It's not about Goss being the next messiah, it's about how the lad obviously has talent but Ollie refused to unlock it. The bad press is a knock on effect from the way he treats players like Pav. He's a bloody good winger at this level yet Ollie insists on hampering him at wingback. Sure try it, but if doesn't work stop forcing the square brick in the round hole like my 1 year old tries to do. Even he gets that it doesn't work and crawls off to try something else after a while (he might be a bit thick i'm not sure yet).

Point is Ollie gave this kid 6 appearances, 3 he was subbed for and the other 3 he came on as sub. He's been snubbed since then, and now is doing pretty well on loan. I'm bloody glad he's doing well on loan, and wouldn't bear a grudge to our manager if he'd given him a fairer crack of the whip. It's obvious he's after a certain type of player and won;t adapt when a talent comes along.

It's like Conor, he's average, but stick plenty of through balls in and he seems to come alive and bother the defence, yet how often have we done that this season?! Like Matt Smith, a giant whos good with his head, yet we don't play wingers to hammer balls in, we play 3 centre midfielders who are seemingly told to play it square in the air to him.

I dunno, i don't think Goss deserves a 14 page thread, but he's the straw that broke that camels back for me.

Comment

I suspect you and Pinkie are going to get along just fine mate!
            Yeah too true tarbs, punts talking sense!
            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Ollie would love that. I can just see the post match press conference now. "I thought we deserved at least a point, can't fault the effort of my boys, they never stopped running."

Total Ollie football!
              This bashings almost verging on childish behavior tbh, you have to have alsorts of blends for a team and everyone knows that & not for one minute would ollie want just 11 jamie mackies with the same ability! the ignorance on here towards hims embarrising, just because hes come out with he was going to stick to one system which he still changes, funny thing is if he had stuck to a 442 then there would be the, hes a dinosaur comments and doesnt know anything else quite funny really.....

Comment

• Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                It is bizarre to want a manager to fail. But Ollie has done this himself. It's not about Goss being the next messiah, it's about how the lad obviously has talent but Ollie refused to unlock it. The bad press is a knock on effect from the way he treats players like Pav. He's a bloody good winger at this level yet Ollie insists on hampering him at wingback. Sure try it, but if doesn't work stop forcing the square brick in the round hole like my 1 year old tries to do. Even he gets that it doesn't work and crawls off to try something else after a while (he might be a bit thick i'm not sure yet).

Point is Ollie gave this kid 6 appearances, 3 he was subbed for and the other 3 he came on as sub. He's been snubbed since then, and now is doing pretty well on loan. I'm bloody glad he's doing well on loan, and wouldn't bear a grudge to our manager if he'd given him a fairer crack of the whip. It's obvious he's after a certain type of player and won;t adapt when a talent comes along.

It's like Conor, he's average, but stick plenty of through balls in and he seems to come alive and bother the defence, yet how often have we done that this season?! Like Matt Smith, a giant whos good with his head, yet we don't play wingers to hammer balls in, we play 3 centre midfielders who are seemingly told to play it square in the air to him.

I dunno, i don't think Goss deserves a 14 page thread, but he's the straw that broke that camels back for me.
                Right was he really outstanding in his performances topper? was he really outstanding in training and for the reserves u23s etc? i would suspect not otherwise if he was tearing up trees then he`d of been in the side more! this is what makes this palava a joke tbh, now atleast he is showing something so we`ve every fooking right to bring him back and change our minds, as hes our player, so this ollie bashing on this is pathetic

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                  Right was he really outstanding in his performances topper? was he really outstanding in training and for the reserves u23s etc? i would suspect not otherwise if he was tearing up trees then he`d of been in the side more! this is what makes this palava a joke tbh, now atleast he is showing something so we`ve every fooking right to bring him back and change our minds, as hes our player, so this ollie bashing on this is pathetic
                  Actually yeah i thought he looked alright (albeit on the tele not live), and i said as much at the time. no world beater but certainly good enough to get a decent run of starts.

Goss is besides the point in a way, he's a catalyst for a greater conversation, one that we're tired of having i reckon. Ollie has done somethings well and somethings poorly. I've been on his side for most of the season and i'm glad we're more or less safe and the deadwood has gone. But i can't ignore whats been happening on the pitch, the frankly odd statements and rants and can't ignore the fans that make live games continually saying the same mistakes are being made.

The larger problem maybe the club but Ollie has had every opportunity to make the right decision or say the right thing, he just decides not to. I still like the guy, alot actually, but i don't see a way forward for him at Loftus Rd, unless he starts playing to his squads strengths.

Comment

• Have to say don't think the larger problem is the club. We have things in place to deal with the bigger picture, they will just take time. By that I mean youth, facilities, finances etc. Yes is a bit of a mess but heading in right direction. One thing totally wrong on most levels is the manager. In my view at this level the village idiot of football managers.

Of course Ollie could be a serial killer and pinkie would still love him!

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                      Have to say don't think the larger problem is the club. We have things in place to deal with the bigger picture, they will just take time. By that I mean youth, facilities, finances etc. Yes is a bit of a mess but heading in right direction. One thing totally wrong on most levels is the manager. In my view at this level the village idiot of football managers.

Of course Ollie could be a serial killer and pinkie would still love him!
                      Even though you pretty much said it already, but why dont you end youre sentence with i never wanted ollie in the first place lol, you usually do on every post/thread

Comment

• Did we have 15 pages of ranting when Eze went out on loan ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                          Even though you pretty much said it already, but why dont you end youre sentence with i never wanted ollie in the first place lol, you usually do on every post/thread
                          Did anybody want him aside from Uncle? Even Sir Les and Lee Hoos as Uncle's advisers didn't want him. Turns out they were right! Barmiest appointment in years. Would have been a poor appointment in league one let alone championship.

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                            Did anybody want him aside from Uncle? Even Sir Les and Lee Hoos as Uncle's advisers didn't want him. Turns out they were right! Barmiest appointment in years. Would have been a poor appointment in league one let alone championship.
                            It was a tongue in cheek comment, the old saying give a inch

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                              Did we have 15 pages of ranting when Eze went out on loan ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                                Did we have 15 pages of ranting when Eze went out on loan ?
                                I think we did didn't we? Most were clamouring for him to come back after he scored a couple of goals for Wycombe.
                                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                                Luke Freeman - 6
                                Matt Smith - 6
                                Ebere Eze - 4
                                Joel Lynch - 3
                                Tomer Hemed - 3
                                Toni Leistner - 2
                                Massimo Luongo- 2
                                Angel Rangel - 2
                                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2