Goss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
    It's probably decent business if we offload Goss for decent profit in the summer but surely if he's this good we need to keep hold and see what a new coach could do with him.

Similar player to Ale Faurlin imo, who wasn't a bad player for us at this level.
    Depends what united's buy back clause is (if there even is one). Might only be slightly more than what we paid, who knows?
    Not sure I would compare him to faurlin just yet. Granted they are both lefties. Goss hasnt achieved anything in 1st team level apart from the last few months in SPL (which is a far lower level than championship, ability and financially wise)

Comment

I bet there would have been a meltdown on here if Luongo was dropped for Goss and we carried on performaing as we have done.

Out on loan and doing well. Good management of a prospect IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by geejaybee View Post
        Another example of Holloway's mis-management.
        ahhh i would not look too much into the scottish leagues Gee.

My Grandad's exhumed remains would probably get a starting place in the scottish league
        nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
          ahhh i would not look too much into the scottish leagues Gee.

My Grandad's exhumed remains would probably get a starting place in the scottish league
          True...any league that makes Scott Sinclair look good cannot be taken too seriously.

Just glad Goss is doing well...imagine the reactions on here if he was doing badly !

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
            Good management of a prospect IMO.
            He won't be back Mush. Certainly not under Holloway, and I very much doubt at all.

Comment

Looks like a good footballer to me and there in lies the problem with our current manager!

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                Looks like a good footballer to me and there in lies the problem with our current manager!
                Yes mate, and I'm sure he signed for us expecting to play. Why the pitch intro with the shirt if not? Now he's played with some recognition at Rangers - we may take the peas out of Scottieball but Rangers was a big club and potentially still is - he will feel he has arrived and someone else will have noticed. I'll be amazed if he is happy to come back here.

Comment

Especially if Holloway is still here with his wingbacks and chosen three midfield!

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                    Yes mate, and I'm sure he signed for us expecting to play. Why the pitch intro with the shirt if not? Now he's played with some recognition at Rangers - we may take the peas out of Scottieball but Rangers was a big club and potentially still is - he will feel he has arrived and someone else will have noticed. I'll be amazed if he is happy to come back here.
                    That was what my original post was all about. What purpose would this loan have served if only to lure him away from Loftus Road? I mean...Rangers are a bigger club than we are; he is playing in front of huge crowds compared to us; has a chance of European competitions and get more recognised. If not Rangers, I am sure bigger clubs than us will come back knocking. Hope it is not Man Utd, as if I can recall, they've put a clause in the contract of having the first refusal on him.

Comment

Would be a travesty to sell him for me. I get that we now need the money but if he keeps on performing as he is then i would rather us play him than sell him as there is no way we would spend whatever amount it would take to get someone better. We have been crying out for some creativity and it's sitting right underneath our nose. Just because he doesn't beat his chest and run 200 miles in a game shouldn't mean he shouldn't play. Ollie would have probably made Taraabt an outcast for that reason too.

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                        Would be a travesty to sell him for me. I get that we now need the money but if he keeps on performing as he is then i would rather us play him than sell him as there is no way we would spend whatever amount it would take to get someone better. We have been crying out for some creativity and it's sitting right underneath our nose. Just because he doesn't beat his chest and run 200 miles in a game shouldn't mean he shouldn't play. Ollie would have probably made Taraabt an outcast for that reason too.
                        We've had playmakers in the past that struggled with us, Granero and Parejo are two that come to mind. If we play a system that doesn't utilise the strengths of a player he's better off elsewhere.

Comment

Should be some serious questions asked of all at the club if we sell Goss before he has had a chance at the club,sadly while Holloway is at the club he will not get a look in as our so called star midfield trio are doing so well.

Comment

Goss is a passer of the ball and moves it quickly so could be very useful especially with young Smyth up top with his pace to exploit.

Comment

Need to break up the midfield 3
                              to accommodate him

Comment

Originally posted by shanns View Post
                                Need to break up the midfield 3
                                to accommodate him
                                Good.

Comment

Working...
                                X