Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 98

Thread: Anyone see....

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Epsom the home of the Derby
    Posts
    12,036

    Default Anyone see....

    What that was about ?


  2. Default

    Pretty stupid by Robinson

  3. #3

    Default

    Originally Posted by West Acton
    Pretty stupid by Robinson
    Can the league take retrospective action from footage like this, or does it need to be caught on TV cameras?
    Co-Founder of the Dubai R's
    Follow me on Twitter @Tarbie82

  4. Default

    Not sure mate reckon they can use any evidence if it’s available

  5. #5

    Default

    Originally Posted by West Acton
    Not sure mate reckon they can use any evidence if it’s available
    Hope you are wrong on that mate. Whether he connected or not, that's a straight red. Would be a 3 game ban if there was to be retrospective action.
    Co-Founder of the Dubai R's
    Follow me on Twitter @Tarbie82

  6. Cool

    Doesn't look like he actually hit him in the face or punched him. I think it was gentle elbow to the chest and as always the player made a meal of it. Also, Jota may have stamped on him...watch the video again.

  7. #7

    Default

    Originally Posted by Joe90
    Doesn't look like he actually hit him in the face or punched him. I think it was gentle elbow to the chest and as always the player made a meal of it. Also, Jota may have stamped on him...watch the video again.
    Provocation won't hold much weight with the FA mate. Robinson has got up, casually wandered over and raised his hand to Jota. Has to be a red card if the officials see the incident!
    Co-Founder of the Dubai R's
    Follow me on Twitter @Tarbie82

  8. Default

    Originally Posted by Tarbie
    Provocation won't hold much weight with the FA mate. Robinson has got up, casually wandered over and raised his hand to Jota. Has to be a red card if the officials see the incident!
    Jota quite clearly stamps on Robbo.....if that isnít a red card what is?

  9. #9

    Default

    Originally Posted by Tarbie
    Can the league take retrospective action from footage like this, or does it need to be caught on TV cameras?
    Who the #### goes to football to film a game?.

  10. #10

    Default

    Originally Posted by Northolt_Rs
    Jota quite clearly stamps on Robbo.....if that isn’t a red card what is?
    Clearly I'm not seeing what you're seeing mate. Looks to me like Jota has clipped Robinsons heel as they are both running back, Robinson has fallen, Jota has hurdled him and maybe trod on his hand in doing so. I don't see any type of intentional stamp there.

    The problem with Robinsons response is he gets up, walks away from the direction play is heading over to Jota and raises his hand to him. It's premeditated and calculated, there is no argument that it happened during the run of play or in the heat of the moment. Robinson has got up and casually wandered over before taking a swing. That's how it would be judged if there was retrospective action, and I'm 100% sure he would get a 3 game ban.
    Co-Founder of the Dubai R's
    Follow me on Twitter @Tarbie82

  11. Default

    OK 1stly jack was right to retaliate off the ball. I am glad he would as I bet jota was up to no good. 2ndly it used to happen in football all the time. Adams and keown were masters out trending on feet, little punches etc it's call gamesmanship however cameras are everywhere in premier league games these days and they are stopping this art of defending. With regards to someone's mobile footage they can't do a thing about it so you can all relax and I suggest if you want to film a work colleague because he is not following company rules etc then don't as it's an offence for a written warning. You cant film anyone in the work place as it invades their privacy. It happened where I am and no I wasn't either party but I am glad the grass got a written warning
    I played sunday league football today.

    Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

    I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

    We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

  12. #12

    Default

    He can get a ban for this, sadly..A stupid reaction from Robinson.
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

  13. Default

    Originally Posted by Shania
    He can get a ban for this, sadly..A stupid reaction from Robinson.
    No he can't and that's a fact, different completely if it's a tv camera
    I played sunday league football today.

    Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

    I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

    We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

  14. #14

    Default

    Originally Posted by WeAreQPR12
    No he can't and that's a fact, different completely if it's a tv camera
    But do we know for sure it hasn't been caught by a TV camera?
    Co-Founder of the Dubai R's
    Follow me on Twitter @Tarbie82

  15. #15

    Default

    [QUOTE=Tarbie;1679386[B]]But do we know for sure it hasn't been caught by a TV camera?[/[/B]QUOTE]

    No. I should believe that is the problem.
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •