No announcement yet.

Holloway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No where near as bad as some make out. Its just the curse of a manager coming back to a club he once managed so naturally fans think we're going backwards. Considering we had zero funds to spend in 2 transfer windows, I think he's done really well to keep us away from relegation
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
      No where near as bad as some make out. Its just the curse of a manager coming back to a club he once managed so naturally fans think we're going backwards. Considering we had zero funds to spend in 2 transfer windows, I think he's done really well to keep us away from relegation
      Probably cos you don't watch the games mate. If you did, you'd actually realise how bad it's been this season!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
        Probably cos you don't watch the games mate. If you did, you'd actually realise how bad it's been this season!
        I go to the games and I’m fine with it. 15th after 31 games pretty much everyone on this board would have took so I’m relatively happy at the mo. Do I think Holloway is the man to take us forward? Of course not but this season was never gonna be about that so I’m fine with how we are doing. Just get this season over with and hopefully progress next season. If not, #### it, I’ll still be there having a few drinks in the crown and going on a few away trips with my mates.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRHoop View Post
          I go to the games and I’m fine with it. 15th after 31 games pretty much everyone on this board would have took so I’m relatively happy at the mo. Do I think Holloway is the man to take us forward? Of course not but this season was never gonna be about that so I’m fine with how we are doing. Just get this season over with and hopefully progress next season. If not, #### it, I’ll still be there having a few drinks in the crown and going on a few away trips with my mates.
          Fair enough mate.

Personally I find it hard to watch at the moment. Most weeks the effort is fine, but we are just set up wrong every game. It's so obvious, and that's what winds me up the most.

As you say though, league position ain't a total disaster (if we can hang onto it). I just hope the powers that be have enough sense to make a change in the summer.
          Last edited by Tarbie; 10-02-2018, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Fair enough mate.

Personally I find it hard to watch at the moment. Most weeks the effort is fine, but we are just set up wrong every game. It's so obvious, and that's what winds me up the most.

As you say though, league position ain't a total disaster (if we can hang onto it). I just hope the powers that be have enough sense to make a change in the summer.
            this. i have 0 faith in the 352 system, we don't have the players for it and it never seems to pay off. when we win its rarely down to the tactics but rather its the players grinding out a result.
            @nasser, are you able to get ahold of our seasons stats based on our first and second halfs? ie, do which half do we concede/score/gain points the most? it always seems like our second half goes way better than our first and thats normally coz ollie changes things up.

i do believe we have the players here to be more consistent than we are but theres never much middle ground with ollie, we have a roller coaster form and still look like we're finding our feet.
            i reckon ollie will be let go in the summer and a new coach will be brought in, even though we're in a difficult position in terms of money we're still a london based midtable championship club that would still be desirable for an out of work or up and coming manager.

Comment

I go to the games and I'm not fine with it. You don't think Holloway is the man to take us forward, just get this season over with. Ok, but if he's here next season your hopes for progression will be dashed.....because he's not the man to take us forward - as you say. Have already said **** it many times over past couple of seasons, and just enjoyed a social!

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
                Sunderland, Birmingham, Hull and Reading are behind us and they have probably stronger finances that us.

I think this proves the point of Holloway being average, nothing more, nothing less. There are teams with even more limited resources doing better than us, but also teams with more resources doing worse. I really cannot understand the hate against him.

then you really cannot go to many games.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
                  If he is such a clueless manager how come he guided Blackpool to the Premier League and has wo three promotions?

The fact is Holloway is neither a clown nor Messias, but an average Championship manager leading a below average team with limited financial resources to a lower mid Championship finish.

What about his relegations with Leicester and Millwall, not to mention his contribution to QPR's in 2001? Add to this almost relegating QPR last season.

He had a promotion with Palace and a couple of mid table seasons with QPR and Plymouth in this division.

He may not have a big budget this season, but he is doing far worse than he should be with the squad he has.

Bristol City, Preston, Sheff Utd Brentford have a similar budget and arguably not a particularly better squad, but are doing far better.

Comment

It's interesting that you have LF's picture as your avatar, is that because you are one and the same?

Comment

I think you'll find that most of us would have accepted this position only becuase Holloway was in charge of the team. If we had a better manager who played to the players' strengths I think QPR would be better placed.

Fair enough mate.

Yes, QPR are set up to start games wrong and often only seem to play better in games, only once they have fallen 2 goals behind. Unfortunately I think he will still be in charge next season unless they get relegated or go on another 6 game losing run ( which he came very close to had it not been for 2 stoppage time goals against Brentford).

[QUOTE=corbray;1679332]this. i have 0 faith in the 352 system, we don't have the players for it and it never seems to pay off. when we win its rarely down to the tactics but rather its the players grinding out a result.
                      @nasser, are you able to get ahold of our seasons stats based on our first and second halfs? ie, do which half do we concede/score/gain points the most? it always seems like our second half goes way better than our first and thats normally coz ollie changes things up.

Those stats would make interesting reading.

Comment

Fwiw I don't hate Ollie. The very opposite. But he infuriates me with his rank stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                          It's interesting that you have LF's picture as your avatar, is that because you are one and the same?
                          It's Sir Les unless you were on drugs throughout the whole 90's. The lack of respect for icons just shows how pathetic some of our fans are with stanis leading the way
                          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

What a needlessly provocative OP.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                              What a needlessly provocative OP.
                              Why

Comment

It's Sir Les unless you were on drugs throughout the whole 90's. The lack of respect for icons just shows how pathetic some of our fans are with stanis leading the way
                                Your only as good as your last game

Comment

Working...
                                X