Shaun Derry Leaves Cambridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Northolt_Rs View Post

So not good enough for Cambridge but good enough for us? Not for me - no more managerial appointments for ex-players just because they are the ‘right sort’. We need to be run like a proper business and hire the best possible candidates and not make decisions based on sentiment. The ex-player approach clearly isn’t working at the moment.
    Yep. Our insistence of wanting ex players involved even though they have virtually no experience is frightening.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
      Ainsworth gaffer, Clint assistant & Dezza coach
      This.

Comment

I'd take Graham Alexander from Scunthorpe if we look to the lower leagues.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
          Ainsworth gaffer, Clint assistant & Dezza coach
          I'd take that.

Comment

I'd take the Ainsworth/Clint/Dezza trio.

But you'd have to take that o the understanding we ain't going back up to the premier league in a hurry, we would probably never stay there if we did. That combo is striving to maintain a little better than the status quo, fighting for the play offs every year.

To be honest, i think it's an alright place to be for this club. Premier League has just gone batty.

Comment

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/spor...mpression=true

Comment

A step in the right direction maybe

Comment

Wouldn't object to that
                  I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
                    Wouldn't object to that
                    Me too but only as long as it's not being pushed on Ollie cos Tony or someone else likes Derry.

Comment

Sean Derry, Clint Hill and Gareth Ainsworth - three fellas that will always be Rangers to me, not really legends because that's a precious word, but proper Rangers = that's a compliment.

Why the fark would any one of them want to be subjected to the garbage that some of our so called fan base would throw at them at the sight of one bad decision, one poor result, one decision; these genii would have new nicknames for them before I could say Hollowhead or even Bungle
                      #standuptocancer
                      #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Derry was at the game saturday.
                        Could of just been getting his free day out for being a Forever R though.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                          Sean Derry, Clint Hill and Gareth Ainsworth - three fellas that will always be Rangers to me, not really legends because that's a precious word, but proper Rangers = that's a compliment.

Why the fark would any one of them want to be subjected to the garbage that some of our so called fan base would throw at them at the sight of one bad decision, one poor result, one decision; these genii would have new nicknames for them before I could say Hollowhead or even Bungle
                          This. Although I would really hope they get treated better than Holloway who has basically been shat on from a high level. If we were jfh entertainment I could understand but at least he is giving the youngsters a go.
                          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

derry would be a good fit as a coach here and it'd make sense for both parties if he came here. he could even be developed as a future manager of us too, his record in league 2 isn't exactly terrible for a relatively new manager with the only thing hes missing being his lack of experience.

lots of other clubs recently have promoted managers from within their coaching staff after developing them and gone on to success. not saying that will be the case for derry but the potential is there to grow him as a future manager of us

Comment

Working...
                            X