Shaun Derry Leaves Cambridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaun Derry Leaves Cambridge

Thought he was doing ok job there. Could be be option to replace Fleming?

New ownership.

Comment

Given that we are shopping at Poundland, I'd be open to Shaun Derry and Clint Hill as Manager and Assistant. Don't think they'd be the best in the League, but I certainly think they'd be better than Ollie and Bircham by quite a long way.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
        Given that we are shopping at Poundland, I'd be open to Shaun Derry and Clint Hill as Manager and Assistant. Don't think they'd be the best in the League, but I certainly think they'd be better than Ollie and Bircham by quite a long way.
        Nice idea
        I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

So not good enough for Cambridge but good enough for us? Not for me - no more managerial appointments for ex-players just because they are the ‘right sort’. We need to be run like a proper business and hire the best possible candidates and not make decisions based on sentiment. The ex-player approach clearly isn’t working at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Northolt_Rs View Post

So not good enough for Cambridge but good enough for us? Not for me - no more managerial appointments for ex-players just because they are the ‘right sort’. We need to be run like a proper business and hire the best possible candidates and not make decisions based on sentiment. The ex-player approach clearly isn’t working at the moment.
            New owner and the face didn't fit. I actually don't think he was doing too bad a job there with the resources he had at his disposal.

Of course, I don't actually think he's a good enough manager at this stage of his career for a club like us. But I don't think we've actually got the budget at the moment to attract a manager that is good enough for us, hence we're stuck with Ian Holloway.

On the whole I agree with you about 'jobs for the boys'. We do way too much of that as a club. 3 ex-players that I wouldn't be against seeing back at the club at some stage however are Gareth Ainsworth, Client Hill and Shaun Derry. I think all 3 have got a good head on their shoulders, are honest as the day is long, and will go on to have decent coaching/management careers.

Comment

Ainsworth gaffer, Clint assistant & Dezza coach

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                I'd actually bloody love that mate!

Comment

I'd actually bloody love that mate!
                  Can we keep Bircham too

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                    Can we keep Bircham too
                    Do we have to?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                      . . . and Rodney as CEO
                      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                      This morning's tempest I have to cross
                      I must be guided without a stumble
                      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

I dont think id feel at all comfortable screaming fark off out my club you fat carnt at ainsworth or derry after two defeats on the trot.
                        No more forever rs back please imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                          I dont think id feel at all comfortable screaming fark off out my club you fat carnt at ainsworth or derry after two defeats on the trot.

Amen. Leave our heroes out of the selection process unless.....they have proven managerial experience and recent levels of relative success. The current obsession of giving any role at the club to an ex player is just lazy and unprofessional. Look at the result.....

Comment

gareth doing a good job at wycombe , can't say i look for CU results but neither ready for us yet

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                              Hill is the exception,imo..
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Working...
                              X