Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28

Thread: Shaun Derry Leaves Cambridge

  1. Default Shaun Derry Leaves Cambridge

    Thought he was doing ok job there. Could be be option to replace Fleming?

  2. Default

    New ownership.

  3. #3

    Default

    Given that we are shopping at Poundland, I'd be open to Shaun Derry and Clint Hill as Manager and Assistant. Don't think they'd be the best in the League, but I certainly think they'd be better than Ollie and Bircham by quite a long way.
    Co-Founder of the Dubai R's
    Follow me on Twitter @Tarbie82

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The Ski Slopes and Dive Sites of the World
    Posts
    1,904
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Originally Posted by Tarbie
    Given that we are shopping at Poundland, I'd be open to Shaun Derry and Clint Hill as Manager and Assistant. Don't think they'd be the best in the League, but I certainly think they'd be better than Ollie and Bircham by quite a long way.
    Nice idea
    I have supported Rangers for 49 seasons.

  5. Default


    Originally Posted by Tarbie
    Given that we are shopping at Poundland, I'd be open to Shaun Derry and Clint Hill as Manager and Assistant. Don't think they'd be the best in the League, but I certainly think they'd be better than Ollie and Bircham by quite a long way.
    So not good enough for Cambridge but good enough for us? Not for me - no more managerial appointments for ex-players just because they are the ‘right sort’. We need to be run like a proper business and hire the best possible candidates and not make decisions based on sentiment. The ex-player approach clearly isn’t working at the moment.

  6. #6

    Default

    Originally Posted by Northolt_Rs



    So not good enough for Cambridge but good enough for us? Not for me - no more managerial appointments for ex-players just because they are the ‘right sort’. We need to be run like a proper business and hire the best possible candidates and not make decisions based on sentiment. The ex-player approach clearly isn’t working at the moment.
    New owner and the face didn't fit. I actually don't think he was doing too bad a job there with the resources he had at his disposal.

    Of course, I don't actually think he's a good enough manager at this stage of his career for a club like us. But I don't think we've actually got the budget at the moment to attract a manager that is good enough for us, hence we're stuck with Ian Holloway.

    On the whole I agree with you about 'jobs for the boys'. We do way too much of that as a club. 3 ex-players that I wouldn't be against seeing back at the club at some stage however are Gareth Ainsworth, Client Hill and Shaun Derry. I think all 3 have got a good head on their shoulders, are honest as the day is long, and will go on to have decent coaching/management careers.
    Co-Founder of the Dubai R's
    Follow me on Twitter @Tarbie82

  7. #7

    Default

    Originally Posted by Tarbie
    Given that we are shopping at Poundland, I'd be open to Shaun Derry and Clint Hill as Manager and Assistant. Don't think they'd be the best in the League, but I certainly think they'd be better than Ollie and Bircham by quite a long way.
    Ainsworth gaffer, Clint assistant & Dezza coach

  8. #8

    Default

    Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit
    Ainsworth gaffer, Clint assistant & Dezza coach
    I'd actually bloody love that mate!
    Co-Founder of the Dubai R's
    Follow me on Twitter @Tarbie82

  9. Default

    Originally Posted by Tarbie
    I'd actually bloody love that mate!
    Can we keep Bircham too

  10. #10

    Default

    Originally Posted by West Acton
    Can we keep Bircham too
    Do we have to?
    Co-Founder of the Dubai R's
    Follow me on Twitter @Tarbie82

  11. #11

    Default

    Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit
    Ainsworth gaffer, Clint assistant & Dezza coach
    . . . and Rodney as CEO
    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
    This morning's tempest I have to cross
    I must be guided without a stumble
    Into the arms I love the most

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    bollo bridge road w3
    Posts
    17,884

    Default

    I dont think id feel at all comfortable screaming fark off out my club you fat carnt at ainsworth or derry after two defeats on the trot.
    No more forever rs back please imo.

  13. Default

    Originally Posted by Kevin Mcleod
    I dont think id feel at all comfortable screaming fark off out my club you fat carnt at ainsworth or derry after two defeats on the trot.
    No more forever rs back please imo.

    Amen. Leave our heroes out of the selection process unless.....they have proven managerial experience and recent levels of relative success. The current obsession of giving any role at the club to an ex player is just lazy and unprofessional. Look at the result.....

  14. #14

    Default

    gareth doing a good job at wycombe , can't say i look for CU results but neither ready for us yet

  15. #15

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kevin Mcleod
    I dont think id feel at all comfortable screaming fark off out my club you fat carnt at ainsworth or derry after two defeats on the trot.
    No more forever rs back please imo.
    Hill is the exception,imo..
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •