Robinson’s contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    I think he's surprised everyone though, hasn't he? I thought he was finished at the start of the season when he was coming in for 1 game then having to sit out the next 3 or 4. I thought injuries had got the better of him.

Don't blame Ollie for wanting to send him out on loan. At the same time, I don't credit him too much for Robinson's success since switching to central defence.
    I agree mate. He’s clearly decent player coached well from young age think Liverpool get credit for that

Comment

Sign Robinson Now...

Of all the players we'd like to keep on the team (Smithies, Luongo, Freeman, Scowen, Smyth), keeping Robo IMHO should be our top priority. He's emerged as our number 1 defender with an ability to create scoring chances with his throw-ins and, occasionally, his foot. Lose him, and we're left with a slow not overly aggressive back line that (given the current dearth of formation and coaching) will continue our misfortunes in keeping the ball out of our net.

Comment

He's already been in talks about signing a new contract. So will probably go back and forth before he decides and also other parties coming into negotiations too. I really don't think he'll sign a new contract for us.

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
          He's already been in talks about signing a new contract. So will probably go back and forth before he decides and also other parties coming into negotiations too. I really don't think he'll sign a new contract for us.
          sadly i agree. hes had a great season with us and could certainly get a spot in most championship sides. odds are he'll leave at the end of the season after picking up our player of the year award

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
            Of all the players we'd like to keep on the team (Smithies, Luongo, Freeman, Scowen, Smyth), keeping Robo IMHO should be our top priority. He's emerged as our number 1 defender with an ability to create scoring chances with his throw-ins and, occasionally, his foot. Lose him, and we're left with a slow not overly aggressive back line that (given the current dearth of formation and coaching) will continue our misfortunes in keeping the ball out of our net.
            Dream on! No chance he will sign for us imo. He will sign for a lower half Premier League club or a top Championships club paying twice the salary of us.

Comment

Burnley.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
                Dream on! No chance he will sign for us imo. He will sign for a lower half Premier League club or a top Championships club paying twice the salary of us.
                This, except I would expect it to be well more than twice the salary. Why would he stay now he's proven his fitness . Free transfer and a no brainer for plenty of PL Clubs sadly
                #standuptocancer
                #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Yeah, think we will lose this guy and who could or would blame him
                  I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Hate to say it, but if Robinson was gonna sign a new deal with us, I suspect it would have happened by now!

Comment

• He's going. Let's not kid ourselves. Too good for us now and too expensive.

Comment

• I’m not sure prem side would take him prem is different level. Suspect side looking to go up would get involved

Comment

• would love him to stay but he won't like all of them he'll chase the big penny and who could blame him

Comment

• Let Ned go and free up some dough to at least make Jack a decent offer to stay.

Comment

• Believe he want to keep his options open, other clubs interested in signing him, so playing the waiting game to see what's on offer, don't imagine he'll be short of offers, FFP may be a problem if he's offered loads of dosh elsewhere

Comment

• Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                                Let Ned go and free up some dough to at least make Jack a decent offer to stay.
                                Exactly, I think fans forget he's earning 35 grand a WK. Will be impossible to move on
                                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Working...
                                X