• Show
Clear All

• Average away attendance

3rd from bottom, averaging 849, below the bumbles and foolham
    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
    This morning's tempest I have to cross
    I must be guided without a stumble
    Into the arms I love the most

The fact we get an average of 849 is amazing, these people will nearly always watch the team, lose, play #### football, lay down and give up if they go behind and play a type of football that is beyond pathetic.

Looking other teams forums after away games,we are nearly always called the worse team to visit this season.

So why anyone goes to away games beats me, can only b to go on the lash.

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
      The fact we get an average of 849 is amazing, these people will nearly always watch the team, lose, play #### football, lay down and give up if they go behind and play a type of football that is beyond pathetic.

Looking other teams forums after away games,we are nearly always called the worse team to visit this season.

So why anyone goes to away games beats me, can only b to go on the lash.
      That's the spirit!

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
        That's the spirit!
        He's not wrong

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
          3rd from bottom, averaging 849, below the bumbles and foolham
          I have seen this as well. Though the numbers show just 350 odd at a couple of places. No idea if that is right? Being 3rd bottom is poor no matter what and justifying it as us being poor is basically saying glory hunting is okay.

Comment

Be interesting to see that at the end of the season - as midway through can give a skewed perception depenign on away games you've had. For example, we still have pretty much all of our 'closer' away games to come; Brentford, Fulham, Villa, Wolves & Reading.

Can't see us ending up below either Fulham or Brentford tbh - but still quite a poor showing tbh.
            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

I would imagine away trips to Fulham and Brentford will get the average numbers up.
              I think our away support is generally ok and especially so given our record.
              Away attendance per away point would be an interesting stat. I bet we would be top of that

Edit, Snap!
              I have just seen Matty made the same point whilst I was posting

Comment

That's the spirit!
                He's a realist. You should try it sometime.

Comment

I would imagine away trips to Fulham and Brentford will get the average numbers up.
                  Away attendance per away point would be an interesting stat. I bet we would be top of that

Edit, Snap!
                  Great minds n all that mate
                  You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                    He's a realist. You should try it sometime.
                    Thanks for the advice. I will bear it in mind.

Comment

Edit, Snap!

Fulham yeah, Brentford no. Brentford will of course sell out, but 80% of clubs sell it out and it isn't a high turn out. Fulham we should take 4k which will help.

Barnsley at 350 away is a #### one. Fulham took 1k (obv they are flying high) but a lot of teams are taking 3-5 k there. Reading we need to be pushing 3k there to help a lot.

https://reeshowls.wordpress.com/2018...dances-part-3/

Comment

Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post
                        Fulham yeah, Brentford no. Brentford will of course sell out, but 80% of clubs sell it out and it isn't a high turn out. Fulham we should take 4k which will help.

Barnsley at 350 away is a #### one. Fulham took 1k (obv they are flying high) but a lot of teams are taking 3-5 k there. Reading we need to be pushing 3k there to help a lot.

https://reeshowls.wordpress.com/2018...dances-part-3/
                        But if you look at the clubs in this division there is a midlands/northern bias. It is very different going to Barnsley from Sheffield, Leeds, Wolves etc than it is from London. Fulham is a good comparison I agree and it is disappointing being behind them.

Comment

If the club showed a bit more enthusiasm for away games then the fans might also.

Comment

I know its not exactly one for the family fans , but the fact we didnt completely sell Millwall out surprised me , the first time in recent history . Still must have been quite a few chaps who didnt fancy it. Always a good atmosphere there.
                            Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                              Be interesting to see that at the end of the season - as midway through can give a skewed perception depenign on away games you've had. For example, we still have pretty much all of our 'closer' away games to come; Brentford, Fulham, Villa, Wolves & Reading.

Can't see us ending up below either Fulham or Brentford tbh - but still quite a poor showing tbh.
                              Didnt we only get 750 tickets for Wolves this weekend? How many have we sold? Can't see that boosting our average or Brentford for obvious reasons. The other 3 we should have good turnouts I agree.

Comment

Working...
                              X