No announcement yet.

Lol at Chelsea.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martin O'Neill was on a 12 month rolling contract at Celtic all those years ago and it worked well for both parties and he was up for big jobs back then. Management is such a ruthless business that no manager wants to be out of work too long so in most cases would accept a rolling deal.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
      Martin O'Neill was on a 12 month rolling contract at Celtic all those years ago and it worked well for both parties and he was up for big jobs back then. Management is such a ruthless business that no manager wants to be out of work too long so in most cases would accept a rolling deal.
      Wha wage was he on ?
      “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
      Will Danaher

Comment

Celtic is a well run club but do not pay massive wages.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
          Celtic is a well run club but do not pay massive wages.
          i'd imagine in recent years gone by the likes of henrik larsson was on a fair few quid

Comment

Larsson was on less at Celtic throughout his time there than Barton was at Rangers. Larsson was bought for 600k or so in the late 90's so not the wages that are knocking around now.

Comment

Thats QPR not Glasgow Rangers.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                Same model we have under Flav. Keep sacking until u find someone who works.

No problem for me - Warnock took us up using this model. The trick is to give managers 1 year rolling cont3axts or 18month deals like Watford do to negate the payoffs.

Why some fans on here are worried about paying off a managers contract when we've been dishing out outrageous contracts for years under Fernandes and wasting all our Premier millions is beyond me.
                Well said.
                Stability is good in some cases, but stable mediocrity is not.

Comment

I cannot believe Celtic are being used as a comparison on how the owners should run our club. I know Scottish football is generally sh ite but :
                  They regularly win their respective premier league title. They are regularly in the champions league.
                  They have been one of the two top clubs in Scotland since Jesus was nailed to a ####ing cross. Their crowds are quadruple ours. Millions of non Scottish fans love them around the world so their merchandising potential, income etc dwarfs ours.
                  Tell anyone outside of the uk that you support QPR and the usual reply is who are they and what what league do they play in.

Don’t get me wrong, I love my club and to me, and from a heart not head perspective, any other club is sh ite in comparison. However, being a realist, I don’t expect every other non qpr supporter to feel the same way, although I wish they would.

If you were a football manager and were offered a job at a club where you will win titles, take your team across Europe, be worshiped by millions of fans if you get it right and get tidy bonuses in the process, would you turn that job down to go to a bang average (painful to say but true) 2nd tier club, constrained by FFP and all that that entails.

There are realists, there are happy clappers and there’s the downright deluded.
                  “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                  Will Danaher

Comment

Messi 1-0 after 2 minutes

Comment

At least Chelsea showed desire and passon tonight (didn't deserve to lose 3 -0 in a milion years ),unlike man utd last night who were shameful

Comment

chelsea didn't have a englishman starting tonight that can't be right

Comment

I bloody hate Chelsea like we all do (I hope). But I’m not going to gloat about them losing to Barcelona in the Nou Camp.

Comment

Working...
                          X