Lol at Chelsea.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
    Isn't this approach a lot more common on the continent though, with coaches being replaced frequently and DOF's staying put? Watford have an Italian owner too, so wouldn't this explain it?
    Lots of loans too from their sister club I believe. Again not an ideal strategy but omits dishing out scandalous contracts and having players that don't perform stuck on lucrative deals.

We've been stung by exactly the opposite of this. Not sure why some are so opposed to this strategy. Makes sense to me for clubs ours and Watford size, and it works clearly!

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
      Lots of loans too from their sister club I believe. Again not an ideal strategy but omits dishing out scandalous contracts and having players that don't perform stuck on lucrative deals.

We've been stung by exactly the opposite of this. Not sure why some are so opposed to this strategy. Makes sense to me for clubs ours and Watford size, and it works clearly!
      Simply because it's unfamiliar I reckon. I agree it's clearly effective though, with Watford being a prime example of it.

Comment

Our fans still celebrate a 1-0 win every year like it was a European cup final win against Barca.
        Watford will be dining out on that for ever.

Comment

The “some” you’re on about were opposed to your idea of hiring and firing “hundreds” ( your words not mine) of managers over the course of 5 years because it seems to be working for Watford. You didn’t say anything about players.
          Fu€k me, you’ve changed your tune a bit...
          “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
          Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
            The “some” you’re on about were opposed to your idea of hiring and firing “hundreds” ( your words not mine) of managers over the course of 5 years because it seems to be working for Watford. You didn’t say anything about players.
            Fu€k me, you’ve changed your tune a bit...
            It’s pretty clear by the context of the post that the conversation had moved on and that included players as part of that strategy.

Not that difficult to work out is it?

Duhhhhhh

Comment

It’s pretty clear by the context of the post that the conversation had moved on and that included players as part of that strategy.

Not that difficult to work out is it?

Duhhhhhh
              Duhhhhh ???
              How old are you ffs.
              Will Danaher

Comment

Making friends again Jim ?
                Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
                  Making friends again Jim ?
                  Easily bugged this week Vesps

Comment

Same model we have under Flav. Keep sacking until u find someone who works.

No problem for me - Warnock took us up using this model. The trick is to give managers 1 year rolling cont3axts or 18month deals like Watford do to negate the payoffs.

Why some fans on here are worried about paying off a managers contract when we've been dishing out outrageous contracts for years under Fernandes and wasting all our Premier millions is beyond me.

Comment

No problem for me - Warnock took us up using this model. The trick is to give managers 1 year rolling cont3axts or 18month deals like Watford do to negate the payoffs.

Why some fans on here are worried about paying off a managers contract when we've been dishing out outrageous contracts for years under Fernandes and wasting all our Premier millions is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post

Spot on.

'Loyalty' & 'stability' is a myth in football terms.

Comment

We did that with JFH but unfortunately didn't learn from it.

Comment

Yep, I can see that working.
                            A half decent manager becomes available, us and a few other clubs, some of whom will be much bigger and richer than than us, start showing an interest. To to lure him down to Loftus Rd, Evil and Bungle sit him round a desk and say “ because of FFP we have fu€k all to spend on players and by the way, we’re going to pay you peanuts and you’ll have fu€k all job security because our business model is based on making sure we can afford to sack you at any moment. Surely you’d agree that’s an offer too good to be true. Now sign on the dotted line please and assume your position, which, for the most part while you work for us, will involve bending over with your pants well and truly down round your ankles”
                            Yep, I can see quality managers beating Bungles door down for that job.
                            Will Danaher

Comment

Duhhhhh ???
                              How old are you ffs.

Comment

Yep, I can see that working.
                                A half decent manager becomes available, us and a few other clubs, some of whom will be much bigger and richer than than us, start showing an interest. To to lure him down to Loftus Rd, Evil and Bungle sit him round a desk and say “ because of FFP we have fu€k all to spend on players and by the way, we’re going to pay you peanuts and you’ll have fu€k all job security because our business model is based on making sure we can afford to sack you at any moment. Surely you’d agree that’s an offer too good to be true. Now sign on the dotted line please and assume your position, which, for the most part while you work for us, will involve bending over with your pants well and truly down round your ankles”
                                Yep, I can see quality managers beating Bungles door down for that job.
                                And let’s face it, if you offer any decent manager a short term contact they’ll look to offset that financial insecurity by rightly asking for a bigger basic wage.
                                Will Danaher

Comment

Working...
                                X