Relax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
    It will be a big mistake if we think that 3 wins will ensure safety. Such attitude is a recipe for disaster, as last season is still fresh for everyone to recall. Surely we must aim to win as many games as we possibly can, and stop relaxing because the others are 10 points behind us. Another bad run and all of a sudden the pressure is on, the season will be nearing the end and there will be not many games left to recover.
    This with bells on. Even if not in a relegation battle or promotion race, the aim should be to win every game and league games are not the time to experiment with players and formations.

Resting one or two every now and then can work but to do it frequently is risky.

Comment

Over the last 15 seasons the average number of points required to stay up is 46.

After 30 matches team number 22 has 26 points, meaning 0.87 per match. This is much lower than usual. If team number 22 continues with same average number of points per match it will get to 40 points. If it improves it performance 35-40% in terms of points per match for the last 16 matches compared to the first 30 matches it will end at ca 45 points. This is a tall ask.

I honestly cannot see team number 22 get to any more than 45 points. If that is correct we need three more wins, provided we have better goal difference. It can be enough with two wins though. To assume we need 5 wins is highly unlikely, and is based on an assumption the bottom teams will suddenly start to perform as the play-off teams in terms of points per match for the remainder of the season. It can happen of course, but I would be very, very surprised.

Comment

Think of how proud the players will feel.

Comment

Bloody hell it must be bad when we are looking at how many wins we need to stay up in the 1st week of february. Try and win every game and we will be good enough to get a points tally that will see us right.

Comment

It is bad huh.

Though there is as much chance of us losing every game from here till the end, it's a helluva negative mindset.

Even Channel Five's woeful highlights show, normally the QPR hate fest, think we've done enough.

Comment

One thing.... this time last year Wolves, Villa and Bristol City all had 36 points or less. What a difference a year can make.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                One thing.... this time last year Wolves, Villa and Bristol City all had 36 points or less. What a difference a year can make.
                Thats the spirit!

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                  There never was a panic - we haven't been in the bottom 3 all season, nor close to it. We haven't even been in the bottom of that pathetic mini league horse turd.

The panic is disguised as rhetoric, a particular and specific type, best displayed within that of Don Quixote and the Cross, aka the rhetoric of fools/the preaching of fools.

If enough people post the same thing, in so many different words, on every possible post, us phuckwits that just don't understand anything, will ultimately believe it is the gospel and join in with the Gloryhallastoopid (Or Pin the Tale on the Funky)
                  You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                    Looking at some of the dross at the bottom I think we might stay up with as little as 45 points this season.
                    Obviously we won't finish above the mighty Sunderland and Chris Coleman though Tarbs

Comment

Panic Over .as I posted elsewhere I think the 10 point gap is probably enough to keep us up because it means these teams now have to win at least 3 more games than us, not sure we'll. Pick up many more points away we have some tough away games but at home we'll do enough, the next 2 home games are big for us,, the only down side is it means Holloway won't be got rid of, and will be in charge again next season

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                        16 games left and we need only three wins to stay up. Can't understand the panic.
                        Deja vu thread,last year with 8 games to go and us on 50 points we were 100% totally safe according to most on this site,I of course didn't agree and was slated for it. We went on to lose 7 of the 8 and stayed up by the skin of our teeth so to suggest we are safe with 36 points and 17 still to play is not only plain daft but also only tempting faith.50 points is NOT the safety point mark,blackburn went down last year with 51 points and Wigan a few years ago with 53 points. In my opinion 52 points would make us safe this year so 5 more wins needed,but after last season don't take anything for granted, alot of hard work needed still to stay up .

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                          Deja vu thread,last year with 8 games to go and us on 50 points we were 100% totally safe according to most on this site,I of course didn't agree and was slated for it. We went on to lose 7 of the 8 and stayed up by the skin of our teeth so to suggest we are safe with 36 points and 17 still to play is not only plain daft but also only tempting faith.50 points is NOT the safety point mark,blackburn went down last year with 51 points and Wigan a few years ago with 53 points. In my opinion 52 points would make us safe this year so 5 more wins needed,but after last season don't take anything for granted, alot of hard work needed still to stay up .
                          It was tempting fate I agree but we did actually stay up unless I missed something.
                          I do agree we are not yet safe but the odd win every few games should see us through.

Comment

I remember how gutted you were that you couldn't tell everyone you told them so!
                            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                            Pawel Wszolek - 6
                            Luke Freeman - 6
                            Matt Smith - 6
                            Ebere Eze - 4
                            Joel Lynch - 3
                            Tomer Hemed - 3
                            Toni Leistner - 2
                            Massimo Luongo- 2
                            Angel Rangel - 2
                            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                            Geoff Cameron - 1
                            Aramide Oteh - 1
                            Jake Bidwell - 1
                            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Predicting 15th and 55 points - 4% chance of going down.

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/sport...-leeds-1180922

Also says 46 points should do it
                              Last edited by acricketer; 08-02-2018, 09:38 PM.

Comment

I think it is complete unrealistic to assume we need 52 points to stay up this. Right now Hull is in 22nd place, having 26 points from 30 matches. To get to 52 point Hull needs another 26 points, meaning 1.625 points per match for the remainder of the season. This is almost equal to Bristol City's point average so far this season. To assume not only team 22 should suddenly start to perform like a play off team in terms of form (over 16 matches) but also the teams just above them seems very unlikely. I think 45 or 46 points will make us safe. Those predicting 52 points are required to stay up don't take into account the very low number of points the bottom three have at this point in the season versus last season.

However, I agree that it is no time for complacency. And we should rather look up than down the league table.

Comment

Working...
                                X