Relax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relax

16 games left and we need only three wins to stay up. Can't understand the panic.

We might even stay up with just two wins! I think we need three though, but not more. We can even go on one of our famous run of six straight defeats and still be safe.

Comment

Is average not about 50points

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        Is average not about 50points
        Don't know long term history but two seasons ago 41 points was enough.

Comment

When you want to suck it to it

Comment

Think 50 is a more comfortable benchmark, so 5 wins, one every three games plus a couple of draws would do it easy. I reckon we can pick up sufficient points here and there to survive. Plus there are some pretty dismal teams below us, it's unlikely 3 would surpass us with those results. I'm quite relaxed that we will survive but lets still make it certain sooner rather than the last gasp of the season!

Yeah yeah yeah, I know others have spent in the January window, and there's still the debate about formations and tactics.

But as we stand, it certainly seems doable.

Comment

Anyone know what we had this time last year

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                16 games left and we need only three wins to stay up. Can't understand the panic.
                There never was a panic - we haven't been in the bottom 3 all season, nor close to it. We haven't even been in the bottom of that pathetic mini league horse turd.

The panic is disguised as rhetoric, a particular and specific type, best displayed within that of Don Quixote and the Cross, aka the rhetoric of fools/the preaching of fools.

If enough people post the same thing, in so many different words, on every possible post, us phuckwits that just don't understand anything, will ultimately believe it is the gospel and join in with the Gloryhallastoopid (Or Pin the Tale on the Funky)
                #standuptocancer
                #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                  Anyone know what we had this time last year
                  Oooh oooh. Please Sir, Was it that we had an underperforming team? Whose performance was billed higher than their ability? The tactics and formations limited by the nous of the Manager? A poor coaching staff and a clueless Board and owners. Together with a deserting fan base? And an over exposure on Sky?

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                    There never was a panic - we haven't been in the bottom 3 all season, nor close to it. We haven't even been in the bottom of that pathetic mini league horse turd.

The panic is disguised as rhetoric, a particular and specific type, best displayed within that of Don Quixote and the Cross, aka the rhetoric of fools/the preaching of fools.

If enough people post the same thing, in so many different words, on every possible post, us phuckwits that just don't understand anything, will ultimately believe it is the gospel and join in with the Gloryhallastoopid (Or Pin the Tale on the Funky)
                    You mean this isn't important Blue? I have been worrying about this all season
                    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Spot on Blue!
                      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                      Pawel Wszolek - 6
                      Luke Freeman - 6
                      Matt Smith - 6
                      Ebere Eze - 4
                      Joel Lynch - 3
                      Tomer Hemed - 3
                      Toni Leistner - 2
                      Massimo Luongo- 2
                      Angel Rangel - 2
                      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                      Geoff Cameron - 1
                      Aramide Oteh - 1
                      Jake Bidwell - 1
                      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
                        You mean this isn't important Blue? I have been worrying about this all season
                        you know my views fella - #atleastwhatsappletsmeswear
                        #standuptocancer
                        #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Comment

With 9 clubs below us and the bottom 6 on 30 points or less, I think the cut off point is going to be very low this season. I think 12 more points will guarantee safety, but it may require even less.

Comment

Exactly. Always been at least 6 points clear but some would have you believe we were in Rotherham’s position last year. Of course we could go down but it has never been likely all season no matter what the “realists” say. Oh well when we lose on Saturday away to the runaway leaders at least they will be happy.

Comment

Working...
                              X