No announcement yet.

Tony fernandes out petition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think that was all geared to Beard overlooking the project that is new stadium/ooc and a new training ground as he was involved in other projects of a similar nature. The problem is to have someone in that position Beard/Hoos you need someone with good business knowledge and also knowledge of how the football rules and regulations work. That's where Hoos has done really well. When he walked in he must have thought what the hell have i taken on. But it takes a bit of time to put plans in place and as we know we can't just let players ho without paying them. So unfortunately players wages like Caulkers will still hold us back for the next few years as the ffp ruling on spending is a rolling 3 years. So this and other previous spending will change on a yearly basis. It'll take probably another 3 to 5 years before our bad ways clear themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
      the ffp ruling on spending is a rolling 3 years.
      Thanks for that Jeff, its been something I've wondered about.

So: Loss year 1 £8m + Loss year 2 £4m, Loss year 3 £2.9m (made up figures for illustration). 3 year loss = £14.9m = just OK
      Following year: Loss year 2 £4m,+ Loss year 3 £2.9m,+ Loss year 4 £2.9m. 3 year loss = £9.8m OK

Latest 3 year period improves by £5.1m, the difference between year 1 (now excluded), and the latest year (4) now taking its place.

Which is what the club is seeking to achieve by balancing the books (shopping at the food bank)

Guess everyone else knew that already?

Comment

• Originally posted by Undecided View Post
        Thanks for that Jeff, its been something I've wondered about.

So: Loss year 1 £8m + Loss year 2 £4m, Loss year 3 £2.9m (made up figures for illustration). 3 year loss = £14.9m = just OK
        Following year: Loss year 2 £4m,+ Loss year 3 £2.9m,+ Loss year 4 £2.9m. 3 year loss = £9.8m OK

Latest 3 year period improves by £5.1m, the difference between year 1 (now excluded), and the latest year (4) now taking its place.

Which is what the club is seeking to achieve by balancing the books (shopping at the food bank)

Guess everyone else knew that already?
        yeah broadly... it's worth mentioning that the allowed loss per year is different if you're in the prem. a championship annual loss is up to £13m, while the prem figure is £35m.

so for the first run of the new ffp rules (2014-15, 15-16 and 16-17) our allowed 3-year overall loss is £61m (1 year prem + 2 years championshp).

our combined losses across the first 2 of those years is £56.5m, which means that any loss of more than £4.5m in 16-17 (numbers should be published in the next 6 weeks or so) means we'll have broken the limit again. this will probably happen... what's not clear is what the punishment for that breach might be... by foodbank shopping, the club can demonstrate that it is trying to comply with the ffp rules (our big problem should be the first year of the three where we lost £45m) and hopefully avoid a points deduction/additional fine.

Comment

• Thanks klonk. That's interesting.

So how does the £13m "allowance" for one year relate to the £15m acceptable over 3 years, I seem to remember something about owners swallowing losses, but that only leaves £2m?

I'm asking these questions for my own understanding, but think others may benefit from a FAQ approach.

Comment

• Originally posted by Undecided View Post
            Thanks klonk. That's interesting.

So how does the £13m "allowance" for one year relate to the £15m acceptable over 3 years, I seem to remember something about owners swallowing losses, but that only leaves £2m?

I'm asking these questions for my own understanding, but think others may benefit from a FAQ approach.
            in a nutshell... £13m per season consists of 2 amounts:

£5m allowable losses; and
            £8m additional allowable losses if the owners inject capital into the club (which ours do... or at least have been doing so far as the most recent accounts tell us).

so if the losses are financed through either shareholder loans or share issues, then the figure is £13m per season.

Comment

• Originally posted by klonk View Post
              in a nutshell... £13m per season consists of 2 amounts:

£5m allowable losses; and
              £8m additional allowable losses if the owners inject capital into the club (which ours do... or at least have been doing so far as the most recent accounts tell us).

so if the losses are financed through either shareholder loans or share issues, then the figure is £13m per season.
              OK, got it. Much appreciated. I may be back!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ngbakoto View Post
                To #QPR fans. I see that most of you don’t enjoy my petition. I’m also not sure if he should stay or go. I’m not 12 and I do remember Briatore and Bernie and how bad they were but when you look at clubs of a similar popularity and situation they have a better structure and look about them. There are many clubs to back up this point. People complain about the petition but not the 100+ that have signed it. If you’re going to dislike the petition I believe you should say about how it shouldn’t be there, not about myself or my family.
                Thanks.
                100+ or to be more accurate less than 200 anyway. We get what 14k most games, conservatively 10x that support us, 140k.....so about 0.1%. Although we have over 1 million followers of our clubs social media website.....can’t even be bothered to type those decimals. So, less than 0.1% have signed. Hardly a ringing endorsement for that view is it? I’m sure we have a greater proportion of our fanbase that think Bosingwa was a good signing. So personally what’s more surprising is that so many in here have responded.....and that includes me!

Comment

Working...
                X