Time to bring clint home.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
    Steve Boyle is ex arsenal legend and defence coach and goober fans don't rate him at all now. So why would Clint be different
    Different world. Gooners go ape when they fall out of top four in the land! I wouldn't take too much notice of them. We'd kill to be as unsuccessful as Wenger and Bould.

Comment

Thanks Wests.
      Minds Are Like Parachutes.
      Work Best When Open...
      @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
        Thanks Wests.
        Clint hill rangers legend more importantly a leader of men

This is something we lack at board management and team level for years
        now

Comment

We can live in hope.

Comment

Clint today commenting on a twitter video from the club.

video and comments here....

https://twitter.com/QPRFC/status/965888770007433219

Clint Hill
            @clinthill29
            Replying to @QPRFC
            What a team to play in ��
            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

I don’t see the problem of employing a coach with no experience. Management appointments without previous experience is where we’ve been kicked in the groin before. Ramsey, Houston, Waddock, Harford, Wilkins spring to mind but remember we gave Trevor Francis his start as manager without even having held a coaching position.No one moaned when Andy Impey was giving a coaching role possibly shaping the future “stars” of our first team. Man City ripping it up with a coach who has never coached before and is in the role because he’s Peps pal. Having watched Clint organise our side on the pitch including the play off final I would love to have him at the club.

Comment

I'm pretty sure Clint wouldn't turn down a coaching role. He would be a perfect replacement for the groundhog. If Ollie has any sense he will get him in during the summer. But we all know managers normally choose their friends in the game so i doubt Ollie will go for him for that reason.

Comment

Which of our players is out of contract in the summer, studying his coaching badges and is a proven Holloway favourite regardless of being past it until injured and capable of teaching the whole team to kiss the badge and suck up to Holloway?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                    Clint today commenting on a twitter video from the club.

video and comments here....

https://twitter.com/QPRFC/status/965888770007433219

Clint Hill
                    @clinthill29
                    Replying to @QPRFC
                    What a team to play in ��
                    Legend. Love that guy. No homo. Maybe a little homo.
                    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                    Pawel Wszolek - 6
                    Luke Freeman - 6
                    Matt Smith - 6
                    Ebere Eze - 4
                    Joel Lynch - 3
                    Tomer Hemed - 3
                    Toni Leistner - 2
                    Massimo Luongo- 2
                    Angel Rangel - 2
                    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                    Geoff Cameron - 1
                    Aramide Oteh - 1
                    Jake Bidwell - 1
                    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

I don't get this. He could be a terrible coach yet being slated for not employing him. Yet if he were from Spurs then it would be job for mates etc. Does he even have his badges yet? If we want a great coach then get McLaren in.

Comment

If truth be told I remember our defence getting opened up with him playing so can’t assume he would automatically sort issues out at the back

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                          If truth be told I remember our defence getting opened up with him playing so can’t assume he would automatically sort issues out at the back
                          Lack of pace and ability rather than a lack of football brain in my opinion mate. I think Clint has always read the game very well. I also know having met him a couple of times that he's intelligent, speaks well and is very engaging.

No guarantees of course, but I personally think he'll make a very good Coach/Manager one day!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                            Lack of pace and ability rather than a lack of football brain in my opinion mate. I think Clint has always read the game very well. I also know having met him a couple of times that he's intelligent, speaks well and is very engaging.

No guarantees of course, but I personally think he'll make a very good Coach/Manager one day!
                            this. you could argue that he was at his best when he waa with us despite joining when he was 31! he lost his pace so couldn't really play LB anymore and moved to the center of our defence, what he lacked in pace he made up with a great ability to read the game, leadership and experience. besides, its not like he can do any worse than fleming!

Comment

I'd bring Clint in now to assist with the idea that he takes over before next season. Three reasons: (1) His defensive smarts can help make our porous style of play on the back line, especially from set plays, a thing of the past -- we have talent there, just no farking idea what to do; (2) He bleeds Rangers, and his attitude will breed immediate respect and buy-in from the players who feel the same; (3) Do it for the fans -- Ollie's increasingly shrill and negative attitude towards us has gone from tiresome to maddening.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                                this. you could argue that he was at his best when he waa with us despite joining when he was 31! he lost his pace so couldn't really play LB anymore and moved to the center of our defence, what he lacked in pace he made up with a great ability to read the game, leadership and experience. besides, its not like he can do any worse than fleming!
                                clint is very good at clever fouling and upsetting strikers , nudging them, blocking them etc

Comment

Working...
                                X