No announcement yet.

At last sanity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could be various reasons for lack of transfer activity.

We may be completely screwed by FFP and unable to do anything meaningful until that has been settled. Not something the club could openly admit to.

Apathy. TF may have had enough and is either looking to sell up or keep the club due to OOC development but not really do anything with it.

May intend to replace manager but in summer so plan would be get through this season, settle FFP and get someone in. As a club we would be much more attractive once FFP issues have gone so in theory would have a better chance of managing to get a decent manager. Would make sense but high risk given Ollie’s record and tendency to go on very poor runs. Not to mention other teams around us getting players in.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
      Could be various reasons for lack of transfer activity.

We may be completely screwed by FFP and unable to do anything meaningful until that has been settled. Not something the club could openly admit to.

Apathy. TF may have had enough and is either looking to sell up or keep the club due to OOC development but not really do anything with it.

May intend to replace manager but in summer so plan would be get through this season, settle FFP and get someone in. As a club we would be much more attractive once FFP issues have gone so in theory would have a better chance of managing to get a decent manager. Would make sense but high risk given Ollie’s record and tendency to go on very poor runs. Not to mention other teams around us getting players in.
      A question does TF have to be connected to us to retain his input and investment in OOCas new stadium there
      seems very doubtful ........not that we need one at the moment........got bigger fish to fry

Comment

I don't think it was a conscious decision or sea change in mentality.... just fact we're potless. I do feel it's probably a blessing in disguise though.

Comment

In fact, I would say it was a quite good window; Smithies, Mass, Sylla, Freeman, Wzsolek and Robinson to name a few are still here.
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
            In fact, I would say it was a quite good window; Smithies, Mass, Sylla, Freeman, Wzsolek and Robinson to name a few are still here.
            Great point Shania.
            Lets see how the players respond this weekend without the fear of being shipped out.
            Last edited by Fraggy; 01-02-2018, 06:36 PM.
            Minds Are Like Parachutes.
            Work Best When Open...
            @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
              I'm quite amazed we lost none of those and Robinson signed a new contract. My hope is we finish the season out of the relegation zone, get in a half decent manager and keep most of these, get those that are misfiring on form next season and a modestly successful summer transfer window to add a few.

Comment

I'm quite amazed we lost none of those and Robinson signed a new contract. My hope is we finish the season out of the relegation zone, get in a half decent manager and keep most of these, get those that are misfiring on form next season and a modestly successful summer transfer window to add a few.
                I think that was fake news.
                Quite why someone sets up a twitter account to do such a think is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                  I think that was fake news.
                  Quite why someone sets up a twitter account to do such a think is beyond me.
                  I was afraid that was the case. Been super busy and thought I had seen someone say that. Hoped I had imagined it!

Comment

Furtive me ol flower, can you not post a post ever without change of manager in it son?! its not like we dont know now is it lol
                    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                      Furtive me ol flower, can you not post a post ever without change of manager in it son?! its not like we dont know now is it lol
                      Being positive Pinkie. Happy with lack of activity in transfer window and just hoping there is some method to all this keeping Mollie madness.

Comment

Originally posted by BarryBarry View Post
                        Personally I’m glad we didn’t get a striker at the prices some bang average ones were going for yesterday. Would rather find out whether Oteh , Eze or Smyth have got what it takes to save us a few million in the summer...
                        Would have been sensible to keep Shodipo and add him to that list. I know he's a winger and Holloway hasn't got a clue, but he does throw someone on wide occasionally. Shodipo always looked OK to me, just never a wing back.

Comment

A thread called "At last Sanity" and another one called "Insanity".

Comment

Working...
                          X