5 new faces at Barnsley!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 new faces at Barnsley!

Doubt they will all start Saturday but a couple seem decent including Mcburnie from Swansea.

moneybags splashed the cash, been saying this for weeks that they will be a danger come end of season.

they have given themselves every chance of staying up now.
    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
      moneybags splashed the cash, been saying this for weeks that they will be a danger come end of season.

they have given themselves every chance of staying up now.
      Think huge gamble taken by club not signing anyone even on loan,this could bite us on the bum.

Barnsley,Forest etc all seem to have been in the market i think

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
        Think huge gamble taken by club not signing anyone even on loan,this could bite us on the bum.

reading and sunderland too, i think onle us and burton failed to strenghten the squads

Comment

I think it will bite very hard indeed.

The squad lacks an attacking threat, but also wingbacks if that is indeed how Hollowhead will continue to set up his team to play.

With injuries to Sylla Wheeler and even Mackie, the attack is now over reliant on the low scoring talents of Washington, the imobile Smith, and some raw youngsters like Oteh, Eze and Smyth. Well done to all concerned.

I know that FFP has restricted the spending, but surely the sale of Ngbototo must have raised some funds as well as freeing up his wages. Add to this the release of the likes of Caulker, Borysuik, Petrasso, Greco-Cox, Comley etc must have also freed up wages. Couldn't they have used some of the funds to at least sign one or two young Premiership players on loan? Of course, it could be that clubs refused to loan their players to QPR.

Either way, I am concerned that the lack of signings will have an adverse effect on results, which are already not good anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
            I think it will bite very hard indeed.

The squad lacks an attacking threat, but also wingbacks if that is indeed how Hollowhead will continue to set up his team to play.

With injuries to Sylla Wheeler and even Mackie, the attack is now over reliant on the low scoring talents of Washington, the imobile Smith, and some raw youngsters like Oteh, Eze and Smyth. Well done to all concerned.

I know that FFP has restricted the spending, but surely the sale of Ngbototo must have raised some funds as well as freeing up his wages. Add to this the release of the likes of Caulker, Borysuik, Petrasso, Greco-Cox, Comley etc must have also freed up wages. Couldn't they have used some of the funds to at least sign one or two young Premiership players on loan? Of course, it could be that clubs refused to loan their players to QPR.

Either way, I am concerned that the lack of signings will have an adverse effect on results, which are already not good anyway.
            summed up perfectly. i don't think any of us have an issue with trimming the squad as we all know we had a lot of dead wood. in terms of clearing players out we did a great job but we desperately needed a couple of loans like a defender and a striker to see us through to the end of the season. and it really baffles me as to why we didn't bring anyone in. i get that we wanna give our youth a chance which is fantastic but we can't depend on our young guns imo

Comment

Forest didn’t do bad
              Under Les Ferdinand:
              Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
              Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
              Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
              Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
              And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
                Forest didn’t do bad
                Signed 6 players didn't they?

As a poster above said, everyone apart from us and Burton have strengthened. Holloway better have a few more performances up his sleeve this season, otherwise we could be in a bit of bother!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                  Signed 6 players didn't they?

As a poster above said, everyone apart from us and Burton have strengthened. Holloway better have a few more performances up his sleeve this season, otherwise we could be in a bit of bother!
                  Even Burton got Darren Bent. And at 48, he is better in front of goal than we have.

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
                    Even Burton got Darren Bent. And at 48, he is better in front of goal than we have.
                    That's a fall from grace ain't it? England international and 16.5m signing for Spurs, all the way down to playing in front of 5,000 every week for peanuts!

Comment

I know he is getting on a bit but there is a guy in Scotland who has been scoring few,also one of Holloways former players and he knows where the net is.

Scott Dobbie could we not have done a deal for him or are we that skint.

Comment

I know he is getting on a bit but there is a guy in Scotland who has been scoring few,also one of Holloways former players and he knows where the net is.

#shoppingatfoodbank

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                          #shoppingatfoodbank
                          Maybe but he can finish

Comment

He retired 5 years ago.....Surely we are not that desperate?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                              He retired 5 years ago.....Surely we are not that desperate?

Comment

Working...
                              X