What's naffed me off more than anything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's naffed me off more than anything

What's really narked me off is that the decisions on who was worth keeping and who get's shipped out has been trusted to the half wit Holloway.

I truly believe the team is good enough to be higher placed than we are, if only they had some decent coaching and tactics to work with.

So no signings I can live with but who stays and who goes should have been the decision of a new manager we should have sorted at least a month ago.

Link to where you read that the players leaving is down to Ollie?
    Before a meltdown ensues, please remember that I have never been a fan of Ollie as a manager.
    Also, I read on another thread that it is Ollies choice not to buy in this window.
    I've trawled the internet and cannot find a single article to support this; if someone could please post a link explaining the above, it would be greatly appreciated
    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
    Work Best When Open...
    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Isn't that down to the dof?

Comment

At a vital time for our club as we lose the parachute money and need to start spending within our means.....we leave control of that to Ian Holloway. Beggars belief.

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
          Isn't that down to the dof?
          No. The manager decides if he wants a new player or not. The DOF then discusses with Chief Scout who and what is available within budget and then gives a selection for the Manager to choose from.
          Holloway seems to have decided that he doesn't need any more players hoping to pick up a few brownie points with Fernandes.

Comment

The manager is doing the job Fernandes put him there to do and that is take the abuse and in return I keep you in the job. Any other club or manager would have been sacked by now.

Comment

Originally posted by rodman View Post
              What's really narked me off is that the decisions on who was worth keeping and who get's shipped out has been trusted to the half wit Holloway.

I truly believe the team is good enough to be higher placed than we are, if only they had some decent coaching and tactics to work with.

So no signings I can live with but who stays and who goes should have been the decision of a new manager we should have sorted at least a month ago.
              Can't honestly say I'm bothered about any of the players we have let go. Goss and Shodipo are good prospects but they're still our players and aren't rotting in the reserves, which is a good thing. Who out of everyone we've let go would you say is a bad decision?
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

I know we been over this a million times before, but if we're trying to cut costs then we should remove the DOF.

The manager is the one who put the team out, he is the one who knows what he wants and looking for.

If the DOF sells or lets a player go, the manager could've had plans for him. Some of you will say that the DOF will speak to the manager, the manager might just be nice and agree for the sake of it.

Anyway... if we need to cut costs get rid of staff we don't need. DOF is one position we can save money, I'd rather put that money into the best coaches we can afford, no mates coming in.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                  Can't honestly say I'm bothered about any of the players we have let go. Goss and Shodipo are good prospects but they're still our players and aren't rotting in the reserves, which is a good thing. Who out of everyone we've let go would you say is a bad decision?
                  I've been hoping we did this every transfer window, the issue I have today is I hope we make it to the end without any new injuries.

Comment

Ariel looked half decent so he is the one I would have kept and given him a run out especially as the midfield is not in the best of form right. Less competition means more complacency.

Comment

Working...
                    X