QPR remains threat-less...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR remains threat-less...

Whenever most opposing players with skill touch the ball near our goal, I feel a lump in my throat; like here it comes; they're gonna score. Whenever our players touch the ball on the other end, I never get that feeling. Bidwell: no touch, no pace, no threat to score. Scowen: all hustle, all mettle, no threat to score. Luongo: a capable center middie, sometimes creative, no threat to score. Freeman: all creativity, fun to watch, little threat to score. Our entire front line (Smith, Conor, Bright-Samuel, et alia): little to no threat. Worse, we seem more interested in slowing the pace, passing it around, but rarely driving balls into the box (or into the goal). This includes our set kicks: might as well just kick it straight to the goaltender. How do we solve this? Is is coaching? Is it the entire squad?

We have 3 first team coaches at Rangers. Fleming who was the defensive coach of a team that are no longer in the league, a GK coach and Bircham who must train the midfield and attack and Holloway to set tactics. Need I say more?

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
      We have 3 first team coaches at Rangers. Fleming who was the defensive coach of a team that are no longer in the league, a GK coach and Bircham who must train the midfield and attack and Holloway to set tactics. Need I say more?
      A very accurate response to a very well said OP.

There is no real goal threat from QPR as borne out by results over this and last season. Quite frankly I don't see this changing any time soon, and it beats me why some think that the football under Holloway is better than JFH's drossball.

Comment

It is no better as we are still a struggling bottom 10 team.

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
          Whenever most opposing players with skill touch the ball near our goal, I feel a lump in my throat; like here it comes; they're gonna score. Whenever our players touch the ball on the other end, I never get that feeling. Bidwell: no touch, no pace, no threat to score. Scowen: all hustle, all mettle, no threat to score. Luongo: a capable center middie, sometimes creative, no threat to score. Freeman: all creativity, fun to watch, little threat to score. Our entire front line (Smith, Conor, Bright-Samuel, et alia): little to no threat. Worse, we seem more interested in slowing the pace, passing it around, but rarely driving balls into the box (or into the goal). This includes our set kicks: might as well just kick it straight to the goaltender. How do we solve this? Is is coaching? Is it the entire squad?

Why should Bidwell be a goal threat?

He's a left back!

Comment

Last chance saloon. No cavalry coming. Shoot out at the OK corral. But without a weapon. Gonna be fun.

Comment

At least we still have Smithies as goaltender.

Comment

This is the biggest problem with the squad and ultimately could be our undoing, we have no real threat up front and teams know this and can push forward more concentrating less on our impotent attack, if we go down it will be because of this more than wingbacks, Holloway, defenders or the midfield not contributing enough!
                @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                  Last chance saloon. No cavalry coming. Shoot out at the OK corral. But without a weapon. Gonna be fun.
                  We do have weapons but they all fire blanks.

Comment

Cannot believe every single person on the board and coaching team think that our forwards are good enough to guarantee us safety this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post

"center middie", "set kicks", "goaltender"

Are you in America ?

Comment

Working...
                      X