Relegation would cost club about £5 million

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relegation would cost club about £5 million

I dunno where we are with parachute money but we'll get about £6.5 million prize money from Championship - all clubs get same amount whether they finish first or last. On top of that you get £100K for each live telly game.
    In League One the prize money drops to about £1.2.
    I have the impression that relegation would cripple our finances and we'd have to have a fire sale of best players to stay solvent or meet FFP parameters.... I'm not sure the concept of rebuilding and coming back stronger stacks up. We need to stay up.

Never thought you got that much for being in champ

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
      I dunno where we are with parachute money but we'll get about £6.5 million prize money from Championship - all clubs get same amount whether they finish first or last.
      Do they seriously call it prize money if you finish last and get relegated ???

Comment

Would be disastrous for the club if relegated this season.

Comment

It would cost us a lot more than that. gates will be smaller and tickets cheaper. We'd also be a less attractive proposition for sponsors, and our current sponsors would most likely have a relegation clause that sees them pay less or get released from their deals if we go down.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
            Would be disastrous for the club if relegated this season.

Comment

I dunno where we are with parachute money but we'll get about £6.5 million prize money from Championship - all clubs get same amount whether they finish first or last. On top of that you get £100K for each live telly game.
              I have the impression that relegation would cripple our finances and we'd have to have a fire sale of best players to stay solvent or meet FFP parameters.... I'm not sure the concept of rebuilding and coming back stronger stacks up. We need to stay up.
              The trouble is when your between a rock and hard place you have to take what you can get.

If we were relegated i really fear for the club as we know it

Comment

The club is in freefall and have been since this day 3 years ago.

Comment

so weather you finish top or bottom, every club gets the same amount of money?

wheres the insentive to finish as high as possible or to win your last game and finish 12th instead of 14th or 15th?

#thecommunistleague.
                  #chairmanstalin
                  #fidelschampionship
                  nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Relegation could cost us the club as we know as relegation along with whatever fine we are given will definitely have the current board walk.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                      Relegation could cost us the club as we know as relegation along with whatever fine we are given will definitely have the current board walk.
                      if the worst does happen and we go down, them walking would be a small consolation.

just hope we can get a good owner who can spend time sorting our club out. one with half a brain would be a bonus.

Comment

If it did happen then Fernandes must be given a ban from any sporting venture again as Caterham then us would not be great for his reputation.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                          It would cost us a lot more than that. gates will be smaller and tickets cheaper. We'd also be a less attractive proposition for sponsors, and our current sponsors would most likely have a relegation clause that sees them pay less or get released from their deals if we go down.
                          Fair point that though I would have thought gates would hold up if we were actually winning and in the promotion shake up, but..... I reckon this current squad would bump along in mid-table in League One so you're probably right about falling gates. Bleeding masive game Saturday innit!?

Comment

Fair point that though I would have thought gates would hold up if we were actually winning and in the promotion shake up, but..... I reckon this current squad would bump along in mid-table in League One so you're probably right about falling gates. Bleeding masive game Saturday innit!?
                            proper 6pointer

#onefortheages

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                              So in reality it’s MINIMUM £5m loss.

Comment

Working...
                              X