Shodipo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
    Let's see how he gets on at Colchester......who played 3 at the back last weekend.
    Kind of how I feel about him mate. I know a few on here like Pinkie and Alan rate him highly and would like to see him given a chance. He looked very raw to me from what I've seen of him, but admittedly I haven't watched every game he's played for us in full.

Given we've got a load of decent wingers with a lot more games under their belts that aren't getting a regular game, I'm all for sending Shodipo out on loan. Like Goss, I hope he gets a lot of game time, learns a bit and comes back a better player!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
      Kind of how I feel about him mate. I know a few on here like Pinkie and Alan rate him highly and would like to see him given a chance. He looked very raw to me from what I've seen of him, but admittedly I haven't watched every game he's played for us in full.

Given we've got a load of decent wingers with a lot more games under their belts that aren't getting a regular game, I'm all for sending Shodipo out on loan. Like Goss, I hope he gets a lot of game time, learns a bit and comes back a better player!
      Spot on.

Comment

I agree with you tarbie but just think hes got alot more to offer than samuel from what ive seen, which isnt alot, think samuel looks far better upfront anyway with his pace, but if was me id have pav and shods on the wings all day long whipping quick balls in like lynchynaldos cross on saturday
        http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

My beef Tarbs is that there is this myth that QPR/Holloway develops youth. No one since Ray Jones has made any impact. And before that you have to go back a generation to Gallen then further to Allen and Goddard - even further Gerry Francis! I'm talking forwards, haven't forgotten McD, Dawes etc. Yet some on this board still bang on about youth. Holloway is still playing hokey-cokey with Chair, Eze, BOS, Oteh and, granted he's been injured, Smyth. He clearly cannot make Manning or Furlong any better. Not sure about Manning but there is a decent player in Furlong and he's not improving as he should - he's not a youth any longer. WE/he should have been working with Shodipo not shipping him out to Port Vale and now Colchester. No one we have loaned out comes back and makes a mark - someone pointed out to me that Sir Les did.....so long ago that kind of makes my point. Shodipo is easily as good potentially as the ones I mentioned earlier. Holloway doesn't know what to do with him so bottles it in my opinion. I'll stick to my thinking that neither he nor Goss will be in the Hoops again unless Reading sign them
          Last edited by Alanwycombe; 06-02-2018, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
            My beef Tarbs is that there is this myth that QPR/Holloway develops youth. No one since Ray Jones has made any impact. And before that you have to go back a generation to Gallen then further to Allen and Goddard - even further Gerry Francis! Yet some on this board still bang on about youth. Holloway is still playing hokey-cokey with Chair, Eze, BOS, Oteh and, granted he's been injured, Smyth. He clearly cannot make Manning or Furlong any better. Not sure about Manning but there is a decent player in Furlong and he's not improving as he should - he's not a youth any longer. WE/he should have been working with Shodipo not shipping him out to Port Vale and now Colchester. No one we have loaned out comes back and makes a mark - someone pointed out to me that Sir Les did.....so long ago that kind of makes my point. Shodipo is easily as good potentially as the ones I mentioned earlier. Holloway doesn't know what to do with him so bottles it in my opinion. I'll stick to my thinking that neither he nor Goss will be in the Hoops again unless Reading sign them
            Yes but al, more than likely thats cos we didnt have anything good enough, whereas now we`re starting to shape up after only a year or two of working harder on the youth settup!
            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
              My beef Tarbs is that there is this myth that QPR/Holloway develops youth. No one since Ray Jones has made any impact. And before that you have to go back a generation to Gallen then further to Allen and Goddard - even further Gerry Francis! Yet some on this board still bang on about youth. Holloway is still playing hokey-cokey with Chair, Eze, BOS, Oteh and, granted he's been injured, Smyth. He clearly cannot make Manning or Furlong any better. Not sure about Manning but there is a decent player in Furlong and he's not improving as he should - he's not a youth any longer. WE/he should have been working with Shodipo not shipping him out to Port Vale and now Colchester. No one we have loaned out comes back and makes a mark - someone pointed out to me that Sir Les did.....so long ago that kind of makes my point. Shodipo is easily as good potentially as the ones I mentioned earlier. Holloway doesn't know what to do with him so bottles it in my opinion. I'll stick to my thinking that neither he nor Goss will be in the Hoops again unless Reading sign them
              Agree with you that Ollie isn't any good at developing youth mate. Disagree that Shodipo doesn't need a loan however. Can't compare him with BOS that has played 50 or 60 games for Blackpool.

Unfortunately our current manager just goes with the approach of chucking them in when he feels like it. Unless we've uncovered a real gem, they should all head out on loan for at least 6 months before being picked the first team.

Comment

Now that Fleming has gone why do we not get a proper coach in to work with Goss, Shodipo, BOS and Furlong etc. Someone like Clement, McClaren or the like would bring those boys of that I have no doubt. It is what is missing from the current set up as Holloway nor Bircham are renowned for their coaching ability.

Comment

Thought I read that our wonder coach is working with academy youth and under 23s

Comment

Wonder Coach Dogs??

Comment

[QUOTE=1973 ranger;1678170]Wonder Coach Dogs??[

Ramsey

Comment

Eze via Millwall
                        BOS via Blackpool
                        Oteh via spurs
                        Moved in front of our accademy graduates surely that tells us all we need to know about what we've got at the moment

Comment

He is more rated as a coach than he could ever be as a manager, Surely he must be giving Holloway the heads up to who is doing what at the time.

Comment

For sure ! But things don't happen over night must be why we're bringing in players to for 1st team squad before what we've got , ie Shodipo and maybe Furlong the trialist that's just played a couple of games

Comment

Like the look of Goss as he can pass and move the boy quickly something that should be being developed with our fast young players for future years.

Comment

Up at Rangers he will be playing in front of 35,000 to 40, 000 partisan fans cheering their nuts off in home games if can't lift his game there he never will ! no that's a good move for him to develope in

Comment

Working...
                                X