Deadline day thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by erikmata View Post
    Doing the right thing, January transfers are nothing but expensive.. imho we'll stay up anyway. Stay off market and focus on resigning Robinson and Ned if possible!
    Make what we've got work, avoid the drop and ffp and go again next season. Other clubs manage to - why not us ?

Comment

Originally posted by HertsHoops View Post
      Make what we've got work, avoid the drop and ffp and go again next season. Other clubs manage to - why not us ?
      Yeah i agree as well, but we have let so many go. We need one or two replacements surely?

Comment

Agree with the sentiment, but there is a very good answer to your question........

Comment

The threat of a transfer embargo if we f@ck up ffp again is too great for the club to risk, if we bring anyone in it'll be a couple of promising youngsters for the U23's

Those that were let go haven't exactly had any impact on the team or eventhe matchday squad have they ?
          Too many fans spoilt by previous transfer windows now just expect the same again - we're skint

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
            Yeah i agree as well, but we have let so many go. We need one or two replacements surely?
            I would say the only way to get replacements in (with the FFP) is premiership team youngsters - I would rather play our youngsters

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
              Agree with the sentiment, but there is a very good answer to your question........
              I don't think IH was brought in to get us promoted because that's unrealistic
              He's here to oversee the belt-tightening and help avoid the drop - last season, this season and possibly next aswell until we are able to cope financially

Comment

Originally posted by hh9 View Post
                I would say the only way to get replacements in (with the FFP) is premiership team youngsters - I would rather play our youngsters
                Celtic have just took a promising Arsenal striker on loan, 21 i think he is and i think its for 18 months.
                Surely this division is the same standard and he would rather of not moved home?
                Those sort are the type imean.

Comment

Originally posted by hh9 View Post
                  Why would any Prem club loan Holloway a promising youngster? He does not/cannot develop youngsters. Ask Shodipo.

Comment

I don't think IH was brought in to get us promoted because that's unrealistic
                    He's here to oversee the belt-tightening and help avoid the drop - last season, this season and possibly next aswell until we are able to cope financially
                    Think that’s exactly why he was brought in as did they not say got rid JFH because were not challenging

Comment

If only some f ucker could have imposed a transfer embargo between 2011 and 2015......

Comment

He is not here to oversee any belt-tightening, that is the job of Hoos, he is part of the belt tightening.

Comment

Some at HQ must be looking at rest of the games this season when thinking about strenghtening
                          And the rest is almost as easy as it ca get.

Home against SUN (23), BOL (22), BIR (20), BAR (19), S.W (16), N.F (15), NOR (13), PRE (9), DER (2) - looks good on papers

Away against HUL (21), REA (18), BRE (11), LEE (10), S.U (7), FUL (6), A.V(3), WOL (1) - looks rather demanding

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                            Think that’s exactly why he was brought in as did they not say got rid JFH because were not challenging
                            I know it was said but we didn't really believe that did we ?

The reality is we're average and skint and will be for some time - which is a tricky basis for the board to flog STs

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                              I wouldn't believe a word that that comes from upstairs at the club Westy didn't Les say when he took over as Dof that we wouldn't be taking loan players as we would be looking to develope our own players rather than somebody else's
                              Last edited by dogsrrs; 31-01-2018, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Well it’s on record as their position so that unfortunately is what he has to be judged on unless they come out and suggest target has changed

Comment

Working...
                                X