No announcement yet.

What’s point of Penrice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get why he’s here fine but just seems odd you bring in head recruitment same time you tighten purse strings. His remit must be to simply identify free transfers which must make his job near on impossible

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      Get why he’s here fine but just seems odd you bring in head recruitment same time you tighten purse strings. His remit must be to simply identify free transfers which must make his job near on impossible
      Surprised at this mate. Thats is exact and actual job.
      Scouts are only there to find dirt cheap or free players, you dont need scouts to tell you to buy Suarez and Salah etc.

Comment

I get your point Westy. Could look at it the other way though. We are looking for players capable of handling the rigours of the Championship. We also need them to be available on a free or for a very small fee, and happy to accept a mediocre Championship salary. In other words we are looking for a needle in a haystack, and will need a very talented guy managing the scouting process!

In the grand scheme of things, I'm guessing a Scouts salary is very small in comparison to the rest of the staff too. So worth the outlay even if he only finds 1 or 2 players a season.

Comment

I get the jist of the op but surely since relegation there others less needed than what is considered the use of a 1st class scout , Bircham Sinton the Dof all on wages that that have to come out of the club's expenditure that could have allowed the club to up the the wages to bring in a better quality manager that could that could oversee the day to day running of the club from youth to 1st team along with the overinflated squad leads to the belief T F has been sold another pup
          Last edited by dogsrrs; 31-01-2018, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Just feel sorry for him as he was given big fanfare from club really built up then feels like rugs pulled from underneath him

I’m actually cool with not signing anyone but had thought we would still be in market for players in the 500k/1mil bracket of which I think he could excel but looks like market is free transfers

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
              Interesting Corbray, How do they justify and convince people to renew season tickets with bargain basement free transfers?
              obviously the great football will bring in fans by the droves!

tbh though i don't mind picking up players on the cheap or getting freebies and to be fair to ollie and penrice they have picked up some good players like freeman, scowen, smith and baptiste and hopefully smyth pays off too

Comment

Working...
              X