Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower mid-table

Are things really that bad overall?

Won 8 lost 12 so lower mid table. No money to spend. Not impossible we will go down but 8 points clear of bottom 3 and some rank teams below us. Should be ok.

Realistically should we just write off this season, hope Ollie given some money to spend in summer, and pray for better things next season?

We know he has his favourite formation but with some actual wingbacks and a better striker or two we could be near to having a good side.

and we will still play hoofball because the man only has a plan B.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
      and we will still play hoofball because the man only has a plan B.
      Not saying things great but we are an average Championship side not top four Premiership so we will never get a manager without their weak points. If Ollie can get the chest beating side right and have players that can actually play the system he prefers could improve on what we have now which is lower mid table so perhaps further up the table. Maybe top 10.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
        We know he has his favourite formation but with some actual wingbacks and a better striker or two we could be near to having a good side.
        So your defence for him is that it's a better approach to stick to a system that you believe in on paper, rather than a system which plays to the strengths of the squad at your disposal - no matter what the cost re results - as we've all witnessed this season?

Comment

Won 8 lost 12 so lower mid table. No money to spend. Not impossible we will go down but 8 points clear of bottom 3 and some rank teams below us. Should be ok.

Realistically should we just write off this season, hope Ollie given some money to spend in summer, and pray for better things next season?

I give up. Get him out now.

Comment

I wouldn't trust Holloway to spend a fiver wisely, why on earth should we give him money to spend? So he can #### it on more wingers that he doesn't play?

Pray for better next season? He's been here 15 months and we have got worse, what on earth makes u think things will get better? We're only going one way I'm afraid.

Fair play for your positive outlook, but attitudes like this, making out his performance thus far is acceptable is part of the problem i'm afraid. Bloke needs sacking before we sink without trace.

Comment

He signed a two and a half year contract in November 2016, so on that basis, we're stuck with him until May 2019 unless the board sees sense AND feels they can take the hit of having to pay him off. For the sake of the club, I think the vast majority would agree he has to go at the end of the season. But I think Furtive's post actually corresponds to the board's thinking on this. Sadly, I think we should be prepared to see him still managing us next season.

Comment

Every season with this walley in charge is a write off. Get shafted for the most expensive seats in the league and get forced to write off season after season. It’s taking the #### and if anyone thinks it isn’t then they need help

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
                  Every season with this walley in charge is a write off. Get shafted for the most expensive seats in the league and get forced to write off season after season. It’s taking the #### and if anyone thinks it isn’t then they need help
                  I wish Joanne Whalley was in charge. FIT.

Comment

clearly a wind up

Comment

Originally posted by rodman View Post
                      clearly a wind up
                      Actually no wind up. Just saying there is,an alternative view. Uncle & Co I'm sure would rather we be doing better but must have some rationale. Maybe stagger through to summer, get beyond FFP and be more attractive to potential managers. Appoint now when as far as we know we could be at a low ebb and it reduces our choices. They could just be taking a longer term view.

Personally thought daft appointment and still believe that. Nobody else would have touched him in this division.

Comment

What exactly is the FFP bit as no confirmation has been given so how long can we use that to excuse the shite that has been served up. Go back nearly 3 years to the day and you will see then as the time this board gave up on the club as replacing Redknapp with Ramsay was suicidal.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                          He signed a two and a half year contract in November 2016, so on that basis, we're stuck with him until May 2019 unless the board sees sense AND feels they can take the hit of having to pay him off. For the sake of the club, I think the vast majority would agree he has to go at the end of the season. But I think Furtive's post actually corresponds to the board's thinking on this. Sadly, I think we should be prepared to see him still managing us next season.
                          If we go down,I actually rate holloway as a decent league 1 manager so play offs should be the minimum aim for next season

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                            If we go down,I actually rate holloway as a decent league 1 manager so play offs should be the minimum aim for next season
                            Fingers crossed

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                              Fingers crossed
                              Exciting times ahead

Comment

Working...
                              X