Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If we ever make it to the Premier League...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we ever make it to the Premier League...

and someone was to buy us and spend like Abramovich has, and Man City buyers have would you take it? New training ground after 3 years, shiny new stadium after 6 years in the Premier league and endless pots to buy players from overseas and the best talent in UK etc. Three Premiership titles in first 8 years. And worldwide fame. But the club largely loses its soul in the process, as has Chelsea and Man City arguably and becomes hated by other clubs fans. Would you take it, in preference to where we find ourselves at the moment?

Yep

Comment

call me a slapper but yes!

Comment

I will compromise my principles should this case ever arise.

Comment

no way, i'd hate to see glory hunters taking this club away from us.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
            no way, i'd hate to see glory hunters taking this club away from us.
            You have nothing to worry about so

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
              You have nothing to worry about so
              if we became like man city or chelsea thats exactly how we'd go, we'd be a fashionable club and not a football team. if we ever achieve something i'd like it to be through merit and not coz we bought the title/cup. like our league cup win for example, its the only major trophy we've ever won and most qpr fans who were alive to see it rate it as one of the best days of their lives whereas the top clubs fans are always moaning about not even winning a cup, they're there for glory we're here for passion

Comment

No, simply because our day at Wembley in 2014 was the greatest joy you can get from football, man city and Chelsea fans will never truly feel that good.
                It may be many many years since another football related feeling like that but they are priceless, money can't but them feelings but it can ruin them.

Comment

Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
                  No, simply because our day at Wembley in 2014 was the greatest joy you can get from football, man city and Chelsea fans will never truly feel that good.
                  It may be many many years since another football related feeling like that but they are priceless, money can't but them feelings but it can ruin them.
                  You mean the team we are being fined by FFP for.... great day but it was 2/3 through our “Man City” days.

Comment

most chelsea fans don't go to games , i call my muggy brother in law and his pals " new chelsea " , in infuriates them , i'm old enough to remember when chelsea fans were local , go to wimbledon station on a sat m'ng and you'll see thousands of them flooding in . not many of them no anything about chelseas history because they were not around before roman turned up and brought them success , their fans used to come from council estates in battersea , fulham , roehampton , now they are a circus filled with the best foreign mercanaries money can buy ... i'd stop coming to loftus road if we ever lost are identity like they have

Comment

Actually I'd rather do it the way Burnley have done it. I'd rather not be Chelsea mark 2.
                      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                      Pawel Wszolek - 6
                      Luke Freeman - 6
                      Matt Smith - 6
                      Ebere Eze - 4
                      Joel Lynch - 3
                      Tomer Hemed - 3
                      Toni Leistner - 2
                      Massimo Luongo- 2
                      Angel Rangel - 2
                      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                      Geoff Cameron - 1
                      Aramide Oteh - 1
                      Jake Bidwell - 1
                      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

We will not make it back to the PL in our lifetimes. One well-deserved promotion wasted. One miracle last-minute promotion wasted. No more. No more.
                        Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                        but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                        http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                          We will not make it back to the PL in our lifetimes. One well-deserved promotion wasted. One miracle last-minute promotion wasted. No more. No more.
                          With FFP in place you could well be right because unless that changes, then we will have to get bloody lucky to assemble a team capable of challenging the bigger supported clubs. The last few years of Burnley, Bournemouth etc getting promoted and staying up will become less and less for the so called smaller sides, as you won't be able to match the spending power of Villa, Leeds, Newcastle, Forest, Wolves, Norwich etc etc. Remember Bournemouth broke the rules to get promoted, Leicester broke the rules to get promoted, Watford re-wrote the rules to get promoted, but we were the only ones to get relegated and face the fine, thus far.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                            call me a slapper but yes!
                            you old sla g............. of course yes
                            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                              With FFP in place you could well be right because unless that changes, then we will have to get bloody lucky to assemble a team capable of challenging the bigger supported clubs. The last few years of Burnley, Bournemouth etc getting promoted and staying up will become less and less for the so called smaller sides, as you won't be able to match the spending power of Villa, Leeds, Newcastle, Forest, Wolves, Norwich etc etc. Remember Bournemouth broke the rules to get promoted, Leicester broke the rules to get promoted, Watford re-wrote the rules to get promoted, but we were the only ones to get relegated and face the fine, thus far.
                              This is what FIFA, UEFA want. The big boys at the big tables earning $$$$ for everyone involved. A massive cash cow.

Can u imagine another Wimbledon from the 80's? Non league to Prem League and crowds of 3k? Powers that be would never allow it.

Comment

Working...
                              X