No announcement yet.

Will we drop if we don’t bring in anyone in january

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We should have enough points in the bag to avail relegation this season, but there is no doubt we ARE NOT IMPROVING and will fall further.

Manager should be fired and someone brought in who can bring a fres approach to things and a spark. More important than bringing in a few shite players (which will be what we get, unless we sell Freeman/Smithies and can afford a striker)

Comment

The biggest worry if we get relegated is that we don't become the next Leyton Orient and plummet. Vital to stay in this league.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
        The biggest worry if we get relegated is that we don't become the next Leyton Orient and plummet. Vital to stay in this league.
        I couldn't agree more, my main worry is if we were to drop down to league one i live 5 mins form peterborough ground i wouldn't fancy our chances against them any more than i did when we played mk dons and they turned us over. other concern is TF might just go sod it im off and leave us in the cart, im far from his biggest fan but if he goes we may go to league 2 in a flash

Comment

Originally posted by rodman View Post
          Signings in January are not as important as a change in Manager. IMO.
          My thoughts too.

I think we have some decent players and some good young players coming through. What will relegate are 2 things:

1.) If the manager loses the dressing room. And to be honest, I think we are certainly not far off that, and even possibly there already.

2.) Too many first teamers leaving. There is talk of Sylla, Freeman, Pawel and Cousins already being looked at by other sides. I'd suspect if anyone came in for Ned, Luongo or Smithies, and the deal made final sense, we probably wouldn't take a lot of convincing either. In fact, I'd imagine you could get anyone in our squad for the right price. If we were to sell anymore than a couple of established 1st team players in this window, I think we will be giving ourselves a huge problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
            My thoughts too.

I think we have some decent players and some good young players coming through. What will relegate are 2 things:

1.) If the manager loses the dressing room. And to be honest, I think we are certainly not far off that, and even possibly there already.

2.) Too many first teamers leaving. There is talk of Sylla, Freeman, Pawel and Cousins already being looked at by other sides. I'd suspect if anyone came in for Ned, Luongo or Smithies, and the deal made final sense, we probably wouldn't take a lot of convincing either. In fact, I'd imagine you could get anyone in our squad for the right price. If we were to sell anymore than a couple of established 1st team players in this window, I think we will be giving ourselves a huge problem.
            i do agree re manager but surely that would of made sense earlier this month as come feb any manger has got what we've got and get on with it. i do think our kids offer more than some older pros however its a big ask for them to keep us minimum 4th from bottom given the current formation and selection policy!

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post
              i do agree re manager but surely that would of made sense earlier this month as come feb any manger has got what we've got and get on with it. i do think our kids offer more than some older pros however its a big ask for them to keep us minimum 4th from bottom given the current formation and selection policy!
              Don't get me wrong, some of these kids have real talent. But strip the team of senior professionals and send out a bunch of kids every week, I'm sure we'll take a hiding most weeks. You need a few older heads kicking around. Too many inexperienced players is asking for trouble.

Comment

This has been my favourite transfer window in sometime. Not linked with anyone of note, not wasting money and just signing players for sake of it and being sensible

Shame we had to blow millions to realise should have been operating like this from the off

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                  This has been my favourite transfer window in sometime. Not linked with anyone of note, not wasting money and just signing players for sake of it and being sensible

Shame we had to blow millions to realise should have been operating like this from the off
                  Yes but westy we need a new striker or two to freshen things up and competition and goals
                  http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                    Yes but westy we need a new striker or two to freshen things up and competition and goals
                    No point even bothering with the transfer market this window Pinks. We are clearly totally skint (or hamstrung by FFP). Genuine Championship quality strikers being touted around for 10 to 20m quid. Who do you honestly think we are going to attract?

We are doing the right thing by developing our own young players and scouting the non-league sides, Scottish, Irish leagues etc. for players that can do a job and don't cost the earth. Painstaking task I'm sure, as you're looking for a needle in a haystack and the vast majority of players the scouts look at won't be up to the job, but it's needs must for us at the moment!

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                      What’s point in bringing more people in if manager won’t play system which creates chances

Comment

We will not sign no one this window and stick my neck out and say the next one as well. Any incomings will be cheap replacements for a few out of contract players. Chaps we are bang in trouble and to be fair to Holloway it looks like he is being paid by Fernandes to take the flak that is directed at him.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                          We will not sign no one this window and stick my neck out and say the next one as well. Any incomings will be cheap replacements for a few out of contract players. Chaps we are bang in trouble and to be fair to Holloway it looks like he is being paid by Fernandes to take the flak that is directed at him.
                          Agree there.

I'm all for the buy in cheap and improve theory. Problem is and has been for years that we have SHITE 1980's infrastructure at the club that has been left miles behind other clubs. How many players in the last 10 years have we actually bought in and improved? I cant remember a decent player since Langers that has come through the system to be a regular first team player either.

Looks like we may have a few in the YA at the moment but they seem to be players already developed at other clubs identified by Chris Ramsey. If it wasn't for him we would have nothing coming through.
                          If we're gonna do the whole bring the youth through we need to improve our infrastructure, improve our environment and training structure. This costs money, do I have faith that Tony and the gang will sort this out? No.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                            If the manager loses the dressing room. And to be honest, I think we are certainly not far off that, and even possibly there already.
                            This has been concerning me for a while, chronic inconsistency is often a sign that the toys are all over the shop.

If the players loose respect for the gaffer, its game over., no matter who you are . We saw that with Jose.

Comment

I honestly do think we`re jumping the gun thinking ollies lost the dressing room, we`ll soon tell against barnsley as we should be getting right at them after these two last losses! if we dont then well thats not good, and i agree tarbs about youngsters, but if thats the case id play one either smythe or oteh upfront with smith, cos we need an experienced striker atleast with the youngsters upfront otherwise it wont do them any good, especially upfront with washington.
                              http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                                Normally it's 52pts that is looked on as safe. That means we still need 19pts from 17 games. .
                                We have 33 points from 29 games, which is 1.13 points per game.
                                1.13 times 17 games left gives us 19 points.
                                So even if we stay as sh1t as we have been, we will still stay up.

Comment

Working...
                                X