Will we drop if we don’t bring in anyone in january

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will we drop if we don’t bring in anyone in january

I’m all for the clear out of fringe squad and kids who won’t cut it. I’m more concerned by no forward arriving with sylla injured smyth injured and the hopes resting on kids to bale us out up front which is a big ask in key games.

This season was always going to be a struggle, rebuilding or not we’ve not improved imo but we look clueless last few weeks burton excluded, my biggest fear is league one looks more realistic and we got dumped out the cup by mk dons who have now sacked there manager on poor results !

Is the squad good enough to stay up, I think they can but might be bloody tight bum time come April may time

I don't think we will get relegated mainly due to there being some rubbish below us, however if we lose to Barnsley i will be getting worried. Think the gap we currently have is enough and we should reach 50 points with our current squad. I hope then Olly leaves in the Summer and we can get a more tactically astute manager in place for next season.

Comment

I think so, but no guarantee. Depends on steering clear of more injuries more than anything.

Comment

Possibly, if not probably.

Comment

We will drop. It's a question of will we drop faster than 3 other clubs.

Comment

Signings in January are not as important as a change in Manager. IMO.

Comment

I think this thread is in the lap of the Mods.

Comment

Normally it's 52pts that is looked on as safe. That means we still need 19pts from 17 games. Cannot see us getting many away points so we need to win them at home that being 6 wins 1 draw which could be a bit of a struggle if we can't win on Saturday.
                Though I think we will land up about 19th.

Comment

We will drop either way,we have a midtable league 1manager,no money to spend,owners trying to sell/rid of anyone who will leave ,so if a player or 2 is coming in it will be either a cheap loan deal (for let's be honest a shite player)or a non league or Irish league player

Comment

lose to barnsley and bolton and we're bang in trouble

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                      lose to barnsley and bolton and we're bang in trouble
                      Do you think?

Comment

Even if we bring in that wonder kid Cahill we will still drop.
                        Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                        but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                        http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

I think we will continue to win enough of the most important games.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                            I think we will continue to win enough of the most important games.
                            I hope your right lose to bolton and barnsley and we are bang in trouble, imo beating sheffield utd and wolves are more key if your in promotion battle as if your up the top generally you have beaten bottom half sides, from my point of view they just masked the inadequacies of the squad.

Comment

Barnsley and Bolton are huge games for us (as is Sunderland) and anyone who thinks they aren't are deluded.

Think the squad is mediocre enough to scrape over the line but it's going to be tight.

Still saying 17th for a finish but it'll be by 4 points or so of the bottom 3.

Comment

Working...
                              X