Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tony Rang...he wants you as the new gaffer...what's your team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush
    -------------------Smithies---------------------

Perch---------Hall---------Robinson-------Bidwell

-------------------Scowen----------------------

Wzloek-------------Manning-------------Freeman

--------------Smith--------Oteh-----------------
    i love that formation.

a dm, two full backs two wingers and two strikers.
    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
      i love that formation.

a dm, two full backs two wingers and two strikers.
      Only way to go in this division IMO

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
        Are you talking about Matt Smith?
        Of course, and your bench point is well made (despite the fact that he still has the best strike rate over 90m, which would be even better if we remotely set up to service him).

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
        Only way to go in this division IMO
        Agree with Hits re your selection.

The main problem we have on the park is that despite the supposed abundance of wide players, the truth is we have no quality wing backs or wingers.... and people think Les is doing a good job. Jesus. You really couldn't make it up.

There's not a single person worth retaining off the field from the dof down if we want to sort out the mediocrity and inconsistency on it.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
          Of course, and your bench point is well made (despite the fact that he still has the best strike rate over 90m, which would be even better if we remotely set up to service him).

The main problem we have on the park is that despite the supposed abundance of wide players, the truth is we have no quality wing backs or wingers.... and people think Les is doing a good job. Jesus. You really couldn't make it up.

There's not a single person worth retaining off the field from the dof down if we want to sort out the mediocrity and inconsistency on it.
          My belief with Smith is that his aerial ability is stronger on the set piece where he's not running onto the ball in the air or when he's back to goal. I'd honestly say that Sylla is probably a bit better than him when the ball is whipped into the box in the air and he's running onto it. But under any circumstances, Smith off the bench is a monster of an asset, especially when he's brought on to partner someone and I think starting with Sylla just seems to make more sense.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post

With regards to the lack of quality wingers, I'd still say that Wszolek is prem quality when played correctly, but being deployed at Wing back is killing his value. This man was hunted by Chelsea a year ago for 15mil, you don't suddenly become too bad for the premier league a year after the champions are interested in you.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
              but being deployed at Wing back is killing his value.
              exactly - which is another good reason why so many of us have been questioning Ollie's set up.

Comment

Shame about Pawel as one of our better players especially when played in his correct position. Maybe we should give Smithies a go at RWB as we seem to have tried everyone else there.

Comment

Working...
                X