Maybe I’m getting old...but

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post

Decided to spend more time with my kids, family and travelling and I'll tell you what I'm so glad.
    I could agree more. I saw kids yesterday for like an hour before travelling and spending day away watching side undercooked and under prepared. Just picked kids up just now and hearing them laughing the last five mins has brought more joy then a day away yesterday following Rangers

I would class myself as a diehard but the club week by week the longer they retain this manager is losing me and when fans find new things to entertain themselves will they return......

The club is dying under Holloway strong thought but my opinion

Comment

Westie you say “so long as the club retain this manager” and I agree we are not going anywhere positive under Holloway but do you honestly have faith in the powers that be to hire the correct guy if and when they get rid of Holloway?

For me they are part of the problem

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        I could agree more. I saw kids yesterday for like an hour before travelling and spending day away watching side undercooked and under prepared. Just picked kids up just now and hearing them laughing the last five mins has brought more joy then a day away yesterday following Rangers

I would class myself as a diehard but the club week by week the longer they retain this manager is losing me and when fans find new things to entertain themselves will they return......

The club is dying under Holloway strong thought but my opinion

strong thought yes but never a truer word.

I've had a season ticket for over 20 years and for the last 10 years have gone with my two boys now 13 and 14 and the brother in law.

The brother in law had held his s/t for over 12 years and decided enough was enough at the end of last year when it was clear Holloway was to remain.

My two boys decided months ago that this was to be their last year as they just can't stand the rubbish on display anymore.

So that just leaves me for next year and I have already made my decision.
        I'll wait til the last day of the early bird window and if Holloway is still in charge then I'm off.

So that's 4 long term s/t holders gone because if there's anything else to do on a Saturday other than watch a complete loser like Hollohead try and put a team together then that has to be the better option.

Comment

Would never stop cos ive supported us for so long and made a concious decision back in the 80s to not just stop going cos its a hobby.
          I do understand why people do stop though and cant criticise them. Its only good if thye look like they care, so why bother going when they dont seem to
          BUT i will admit this, ive spared my two sons this pain, and allowed them to support the local team of where we moved to and live now and not forced shite rangers and that shite life on them.
          Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 28-01-2018, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
            Westie you say “so long as the club retain this manager” and I agree we are not going anywhere positive under Holloway but do you honestly have faith in the powers that be to hire the correct guy if and when they get rid of Holloway?

For me they are part of the problem
            think they are now getting things correct off pitch and there will be more pain ahead but that’s heading right direction but the manager as you say is the key appointment and will hold everything else in place

I blame ollie as the players are better then what he’s getting out of them. He’s an erratic character and this plays out in his teams. I’m convinced another manager would get more positive results if not performances out of this lot.

I can handle losing if what your watching looks like some thought, effort and strategy has gone into the game plan but currently we look like we just turn up and play without a plan

We never just lost to ten men yesterday we were beat by ten men. When they went down a man it was nil nil but we lost two nil to a side with ten men for I think an hour. Explain that away??? A man advantage and we get worse, look worse and get nothing from touchline to improve it.

I think if Ollie was honest he would admit to being out of ideas now

Comment

Please read this thread, Ian Taylor. Then tell everyone in the club about it.

Comment

Holloway acknowledged that pathetic performance saying it was the worst under his tenure. But he learns nothing and we'll get the repeat display next week. We're really in the poo under this ##### (m*r*n) now being censored)
                Last edited by lymehoop; 28-01-2018, 02:18 PM.
                I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                This morning's tempest I have to cross
                I must be guided without a stumble
                Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                  Holloway acknowledged that pathetic performance saying it was the worst under his tenure. But he learns nothing and we'll get the repeat display next week. We're really in the poo under this #####
                  This is the fear. He won’t learn it will be more of the same

Comment

Lose three nil at home and then play the exact same team away the week after as a reward

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                      think they are now getting things correct off pitch and there will be more pain ahead but that’s heading right direction but the manager as you say is the key appointment and will hold everything else in place

I blame ollie as the players are better then what he’s getting out of them. He’s an erratic character and this plays out in his teams. I’m convinced another manager would get more positive results if not performances out of this lot.

I can handle losing if what your watching looks like some thought, effort and strategy has gone into the game plan but currently we look like we just turn up and play without a plan

We never just lost to ten men yesterday we were beat by ten men. When they went down a man it was nil nil but we lost two nil to a side with ten men for I think an hour. Explain that away??? A man advantage and we get worse, look worse and get nothing from touchline to improve it.

I think if Ollie was honest he would admit to being out of ideas now
                      One of your comments yesterday has stuck with me, when we saw seven hooped shirts running towards the ball - 'like school kids chasing the ball' and it was exactly that.

Comment

I think TF and Lee Hoo's are trying to stop the club going the way of Leeds, Portsmouth, Wimbledon, Covnetry etc. It's a shame because football should be about football but the modern game is a ruthless business. I went to Arsenal last week to get a mate a birthday present. It was souless and so far removed from what I want from a football club, it was just a faceless organistion masquerading as a football club. What makes QPR great is that we're not like that, but it also means we're not going to have the glitz and glamour of some of our neighbours. Ollie will go eventually, and we will get someone in who will organise us. Ollie is clearly missing a trick but I find it hard to be angry at him. At the end of the season we need to induct him into the forever R's club, thank him and say goodbye. Financial meltdown is the worst thing that could happen to us, I'd rather be in league 1 with balanced books than splashing the cash in the championship. Our time will come, we really have to be paticient...

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                          Lose three nil at home and then play the exact same team away the week after as a reward
                          It beggars belief.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
                            I think TF and Lee Hoo's are trying to stop the club going the way of Leeds, Portsmouth, Wimbledon, Covnetry etc. It's a shame because football should be about football but the modern game is a ruthless business. I went to Arsenal last week to get a mate a birthday present. It was souless and so far removed from what I want from a football club, it was just a faceless organistion masquerading as a football club. What makes QPR great is that we're not like that, but it also means we're not going to have the glitz and glamour of some of our neighbours. Ollie will go eventually, and we will get someone in who will organise us. Ollie is clearly missing a trick but I find it hard to be angry at him. At the end of the season we need to induct him into the forever R's club, thank him and say goodbye. Financial meltdown is the worst thing that could happen to us, I'd rather be in league 1 with balanced books than splashing the cash in the championship. Our time will come, we really have to be paticient...
                            Well said Joe
                            Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                            Work Best When Open...
                            @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Joe90;1675456[B
                              ]I think TF and Lee Hoo's are trying to stop the club going the way of Leeds, Portsmouth, Wimbledon, Covnetry etc.[/B] It's a shame because football should be about football but the modern game is a ruthless business. I went to Arsenal last week to get a mate a birthday present. It was souless and so far removed from what I want from a football club, it was just a faceless organistion masquerading as a football club. What makes QPR great is that we're not like that, but it also means we're not going to have the glitz and glamour of some of our neighbours. Ollie will go eventually, and we will get someone in who will organise us. Ollie is clearly missing a trick but I find it hard to be angry at him. At the end of the season we need to induct him into the forever R's club, thank him and say goodbye. Financial meltdown is the worst thing that could happen to us, I'd rather be in league 1 with balanced books than splashing the cash in the championship. Our time will come, we really have to be paticient...
                              Good post. I spoke to a Liverpool supporter who I know, and he admitted that Liverpool was not what the club used to be. It`s now all about Money and "international branding". Funnily enough this fan in question is a fellow Norwegian of mine.
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Working...
                              X