X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was always taught take a photo in your head every time you look about

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill View Post
      When you receive the ball just before that moment you should always have your options in you
      head it's called vision,if you have peripheral vision then great
      This enables you to move the ball quicker which is one of our failures.

But then our first touch and control is woeful

The other couple of things we never do is put crosses in first time when defenders are
      facing their own goal.........drives me mad but then we never see midfield players busting a gut
      to get forward

Comment

• https://twitter.com/DiscoDroid/statu...55249153609728
        Changeable. Alterable. Mutable. Variable. Versatile. Moldable. Movable. Fluctuate. Undulate. Flicker. Flutter. Pulsate. Vibrate. Alternate. Plastic. Prog. House.

https://twitter.com/DiscoDroid

Comment

• haha, very good

Comment

• The vulture

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
              I go back to the early 70s through to now so know exactly what entertaining football is westy, todays footballers seem more athletes than talent tbh

Definitely can't argue with that mate.

One of the most interesting periods was under Venables. Particularly the variety when it came to set pieces. Always innovative and you'd never see the same free kick time after time like we have to endure with this lot under the gormless one.

Was reminded of those times when watching this :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42853259

Absolute quality. The second, close up slow motion replay is brilliant. The faces on the defenders are an absolute picture.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                We are a shapeless bunch who have no direction or leadership at all from the sidelines. But that also applies to the manager as well as clearly there is no direction at all within the club.

There’s definitely zero ambition at the club. The owners have made a massive balls up of things, have s.punked all our money, and are now desperately clinging on in the hope OOC will recoup their investment. Meanwhile we’re stuck with paying ridiculously high ticket prices and with Holloway as our manager. HOLLOWAY FFS!!!!! It’s another insane appointment by Fernandes. Holloway’s stats of P65 W19 D14 L32 with SIX clean sheets wouldn’t be tolerated at any other club in the entire football league, let alone The Championship, and will guarantee he never gets another manager role again - and he knows it.... Similarly our DOF. The only way things will change is when fans boycott the home games which is starting to happen already judging by the growing number of empty seats around me in SAR and opposite in ER. The ground is like a f.ucking morgue. Any guess on how many STs we’ll sell for next season?

Comment

• It will be the worry of low support that will cost Holloway his job eventually not the terrible football. Bircham will go with him and that defensive coach who has exceeded expectations.

Comment

• Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                    It will be the worry of low support that will cost Holloway his job eventually not the terrible football. Bircham will go with him and that defensive coach who has exceeded expectations.
                    the defensive coach....... you mean the fella we got from hartlepool when they had the most goals conceded out of all 4 divisions....

currently we are running at 6 clean sheets from 63 games since he joined.
                    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                      the defensive coach....... you mean the fella we got from hartlepool when they had the most goals conceded out of all 4 divisions....

currently we are running at 6 clean sheets from 63 games since he joined.
                      Jobs for the boys

Comment

• Originally posted by mrbourne21 View Post
                        For me yesterday reminded me of that Southampton game when Hughes was in charge , the players down tools as they had enough .

Yesterday was very similar to me they simply didn't care what happened they downed tools , you can understand a few bad individual performance but to have 10 ( smithies was he usual self ) I'm sorry the dressing room as gone .
                        Yes, I agree. It also reminded me of a 3-0 defeat at Arsenal when Trevor Francis was manager and the players downed tools.

Surely the time is up for Holloway.
                        Ferdinand and Fernandes should have been lining up a replacement by now, and if they haven't , they need to do it fast, because QPR will struggle under this inept manager.

As for any improvement since he returned, well look at the league table and you will notice that it hasn't improved.
                        The squad has perhaps improved, but that would appear to be down to Ferdiand as well as Holloway. And if it has improved, then why the hell have the results fallen?

I am struggling to think of one player that has improved in the last 13 months. Holloway is not a good coach and seems incapable of improving players. He has tried to make wingbacks out of a number of players including Bidwell, Wyzsolek, Manning, Cousins and Furlong and has failed big time.

For the sake of the club, Ferdinand and more importantly, Fernandes, need to act now and not next month or in March, and sack Holloway.

32 defeats and 6 clean sheets from 65 games is a shocking return, especially if the squad of players has actually been improved.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                          Tarbie we havnt been like yesterday in every game though have we mate! not making excuses up about yesterday as it wasnt good enough tarbs and needs to change, and could spell trouble for the manager if it doesnt, thats all im saying, but the players were very poor yesterday and has been said the qualities missing, especially upfront.
                          You are correct that they haven't all been bad as at Bristol City, but there is no escaping that 32 defeats and 6 clean sheets from 65 games is a poor return. Any other manager would have been sacked at this and other clubs by now.

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                            This is a good point and one I've been banging on about myself since fvckin forever. Our off the ball work is abysmal and not just up top.

Problem is, it's a coaching issue. The nuts and bolts stuff is still not happening, and ultimately that is down to the gaffer.
                            Totally agree and as I have said many times before, Holloway is not a good coach and he appointed a 5th rate defensive coach to help him!

Comment

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                              I am struggling to think of one player that has improved in the last 13 months. Holloway is not a good coach and seems incapable of improving players. He has tried to make wingbacks out of a number of players including Bidwell, Wyzsolek, Manning, Cousins and Furlong and has failed big time.
                              Furthermore, vast majority of squad have either regressed or stagnated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                                Furthermore, vast majority of squad have either regressed or stagnated.
                                Haven't even looked interested for most of the last 2 games in my opinion Stan.

Comment

Working...
                                X