No announcement yet.

For those that still support Holloway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can't defend him. His record is indefensible. He's just not a very good manager. In fact he's a pretty crap manager with a small-man syndrome ego that makes him think he's brilliant. The only thing he has going for him is that, in the short term, he's the only affordable option to take us through to the close season. If we weren't tied to strict budgetary limitations he'd be long gone.

Until yesterday I would have said he was, just about, better than JFH, simply for the sense of unity amongst the players and improved attitude. But his total inability to think on his feet, his lack of understanding of the basics of football tactics and his sheer bloody-minded stubbornness in sticking to a system that doesn't work has finally done it for me. The only reason I've defended him up till now was not for him as a manager, but simply because we need stability; and crap as he is (and assuming we don't go down of course), he has provided this - albeit a tin-plated version of it. But after watching that farce yesterday, even I've had enough. I want him out ASAP. However, I still recognise that now is not the time to do it. The board need to have someone lined up to take over at the end of the season. He simply cannot stay beyond that point. But if the board's patience has finally snapped and there is a viable replacement, maybe he will go sooner. I can't imagine anyone would complain.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
      Don't understand how anyone can still defend him Wests, yet plenty do. Just been locking horns with someone on Facebook who reckons our current plight is down to the players and not the manager.

Nothing has improved, we are worse in terms of points per game and entertainment than we were under JFH. Yeah, we might be balancing the books better, and some of the players brought in have been great value for money, but the fans are being taken for mugs. 35 quid a game for the utter sh#te that's being served up? It's a joke and I'm genuinely surprised people keep turning up!

Those in charge need to take a serious look at themselves.
      Tarbs no matter how much you think i like ollie, the players are at fault yesterday, the manager wouldnt have told them to jog around and dont bother making space and dont bother pass & move, there basics and every player should know them!
      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
        Tarbs no matter how much you think i like ollie, the players are at fault yesterday, the manager wouldnt have told them to jog around and dont bother making space and dont bother pass & move, there basics and every player should know them!
        You're getting a bit boring mate. Like a broken record.

If the Manager can't motivate the players to put in a performance is he not responsible? This 'All the players fault' every week just doesn't cut it.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post

If the Manager can't motivate the players to put in a performance is he not responsible? This 'All the players fault' every week just doesn't cut it.
          So are you bakes so why bother replying? if you dont like a thread or post why go out of youre way!

Comment

Is that right, so if the team players ever play really poor its never there fault and the managers instead?

Comment

So are you bakes so why bother replying? if you dont like a thread or post why go out of youre way!
              ??? Rather stupid comment considering this is a forum and that's what you do when you disagree with someone.

Think you're losing the plot. Just like your chum Ollie.

Comment

Is that right, so if the team players ever play really poor its never there fault and the managers instead?
                Dim witted comment again. If the players #### up you drop them.

Unless your name is Ollie and you're in love with half the squad and see them as untouchable.

Look...... If the Manager was not responsible, and performance was all on the players, why would any team hire a manager and what exactly are their responsiblities? Mate, u do talk poo sometimes.

Comment

For me yesterday reminded me of that Southampton game when Hughes was in charge , the players down tools as they had enough .

Yesterday was very similar to me they simply didn't care what happened they downed tools , you can understand a few bad individual performance but to have 10 ( smithies was he usual self ) I'm sorry the dressing room as gone .

Comment

Tarbs no matter how much you think i like ollie, the players are at fault yesterday, the manager wouldnt of told them to jog around and dont bother making space and dont bother pass & move, there basics and every player should know them!
                    Mate I stood behind the goal yesterday and watched him to see what is he going to do to change this. Now on a big pitch against ten men you would say make pitch big but not Ollie he’s on side doing his hand gestures, were all accustomed to, but he’s pushing hands together telling players to condense the pitch the opposite of what we should be doing

Eventually he realised he needed to open up pitch and for short period we looked good until he reverted back to playing down middle.

That’s not players that’s managers instructions. He tries to be smart but it don’t work hence why I pose question where have we improved

Comment

??? Rather stupid comment considering this is a forum and that's what you do when you disagree with someone.

Think you're losing the plot. Just like your chum Ollie.
                      You dont even know me bakes so what a stupid comment on a messageboard, you was calling me, so as i said if you dont like what i put do one, its as simple as that, i have to put up everyone else coating our club off every 2 seconds! im not happy about yesterday but this is how it goes week by week, next week we could beat barnsley and things can be different again, then another loss and complete meltdown again lol, but you cant stick up for that poor performance yesterday end of, so once again i hope we get the right reaction, ollies said exactly the same, but if it happens on saturday again then thats not going to be good for ollie anyway.

Comment

Dim witted comment again. If the players #### up you drop them.

Unless your name is Ollie and you're in love with half the squad and see them as untouchable.

Look...... If the Manager was not responsible, and performance was all on the players, why would any team hire a manager and what exactly are their responsiblities? Mate, u do talk poo sometimes.
                        Whats up feeling abit rough today bakes? you are being abit disrespectful arent yer in youre attitude considering youve just told me this is a forum for different opinions/views!

Comment

Just get him gone and put the pe teacher in charge for the rest of the season. Please. Just get him gone.

Comment

Whats up feeling abit rough today bakes? you are being abit disrespectful arent yer in youre attitude considering youve just told me this is a forum for different opinions/views!
                            Of course this is a forum for opinions. Yours are a bit dim witted on this subject though.

Comment

Of course this is a forum for opinions. Yours are a bit dim witted on this subject though.
                              And whys that?

Comment

Its hard enough about yesterday without you being a disrespectful little tool bakes

Comment

Working...
                                X