Borysuk gone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
    You know that's not what I meant. Borysiuk was never given a run in the side like they have all had.
    I'm wondering whether Ollie just doesn't like Poles. May has had a dodgy Polish plumber in or something!

Comment

You know that's not what I meant. Borysiuk was never given a run in the side like they have all had.
      Yes but why where does the blame lie the Al ?

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
        Not sure it's a matter of blame as such, but this highlights why I'm not a fan of a DOF at a small club like ours. Presumably the DOF got Ariel in. Presumably the manager doesn't fancy him so we buy Scowens for the role. So when is a DOF set up not a DOF set up? Apparently, under a DOF the manager is at fault here for not sticking to the script, but I would argue ( and I'm no fan of Holloway) that the manager is right to not play someone he thinks isn't good enough. A DOF is fine at City, Utd, Liverpool etc where you can spend 75m to 'stick to the ethos of the club'. These clubs don't bring in a new manager to 'carry on' with the work - they buy big straight away. Totally different world.

Comment

Not sure it's a matter of blame as such, but this highlights why I'm not a fan of a DOF at a small club like ours. Presumably the DOF got Ariel in. Presumably the manager doesn't fancy him so we buy Scowens for the role. So when is a DOF set up not a DOF set up? Apparently, under a DOF the manager is at fault here for not sticking to the script, but I would argue ( and I'm no fan of Holloway) that the manager is right to not play someone he thinks isn't good enough. A DOF is fine at City, Utd, Liverpool etc where you can spend 75m to 'stick to the ethos of the club'. These clubs don't bring in a new manager to 'carry on' with the work - they buy big straight away. Totally different world.
          Not 100% sure LF is at fault on this when Borysiuk was a JFH signing....surely he had some say in getting him in (as he did with ELK) ?

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
            Not 100% sure LF is at fault on this when Borysiuk was a JFH signing....surely he had some say in getting him in (as he did with ELK) ?
            Who knows Mush, but JFH was working under the DOF and that is how it's supposed to work. If exceptions are being made for Holloway then it's neither a DOF set up nor a managerial role.

Comment

Has joined Lechia Gdansk http://lechia.pl/en/news/ariel-borys...a-gdansk-13566
              Last edited by 1QPRDK; 26-01-2018, 11:58 PM.
              https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post
                surely we could have got something for him then? hopefully we didn't have to pay him off

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                  Well given comments on manager about players not speaking English.....probably in managers court

Comment

Odd though that start of season Ollie was raving about him then nothing. Pattern here from the manager!! Manning, Doherty, Lua Lua, Caulker and gladwin all talked up but then given no opportunity
                    Last edited by West Acton; 27-01-2018, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                      Well given comments on manager about players not speaking English.....probably in managers court
                      Think its Wszolek that has bad English not Bory.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                        Think its Wszolek that has bad English not Bory.
                        I met Ariel at the fanzone with my kids. He couldn't speak a word of English. It was quite funny the Qpr marketing team team trying to communicate with him and he didn't have a clue.

Comment

Originally posted by fletchmonkey View Post
                          I met Ariel at the fanzone with my kids. He couldn't speak a word of English. It was quite funny the Qpr marketing team team trying to communicate with him and he didn't have a clue.
                          Ah OK, I thought I had read he was Pawels translator somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                            Ah OK, I thought I had read he was Pawels translator somewhere.
                            On other way round i think

Comment

Gone to Gdansk who are midtable Polish top league. They would probably beat us about 6-0. Couldn't get a game for us though.

Comment

Ariel, when finally set free, flew away.....

Comment

Working...
                                X