No announcement yet.

Watford sack Silva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10th in the prem not good enough for Watford now?

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
      Hold up...didn't Silva fail at Hull and haven't Watford been turd lately? Or am I missing something?
      Watford fans on radio last night slagging him and half team off. Said No spirit just money monkeys and no clue manager.
      Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
        Hold up...didn't Silva fail at Hull and haven't Watford been turd lately? Or am I missing something?
        he took over when they were virtually dead and buried. Valiant effort to try and keep them up. Hull fans were gutted when he left
        I must away now, I can no longer tarry
        This morning's tempest I have to cross
        I must be guided without a stumble
        Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Looks like the Everton situation haa been bad for Silva and Watford.

Comment

Has nothing to do with 10th place not being good enough for Watford. Everton bid £10m for Silva but Watford said no, and hence Silva lost motivation..

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
              Watford fans on radio last night slagging him and half team off. Said No spirit just money monkeys and no clue manager.
              Can't begin to think of what they'd make of us.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                Head got turned by Everton & apparently he's had a sulk on since Watford refused permission for talks.

Insisted on 1 up front too that didn't go down well.
                Mad really, ain't it? Wanted to go Everton, club said no, then sacked him a month later. Bang out of order actually!

Comment

To be fair, Watford have acted well in the manager stakes over the last few years. Cue decent unknown manager coming in and turning this season around.

Bet Silva is gutted though...should have accepted anything Everton offered...

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                    To be fair, Watford have acted well in the manager stakes over the last few years. Cue decent unknown manager coming in and turning this season around.

Bet Silva is gutted though...should have accepted anything Everton offered...
                    They've hired someone already, Spanish guy called Javi Gracia. Seems to change clubs every 5 minutes, so he's perfect for the job!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                      Mad really, ain't it? Wanted to go Everton, club said no, then sacked him a month later. Bang out of order actually!
                      I see Watfords stance tbh.

Why should they roll over and have their belly tickled because a 'bigger' club wanted their manager who was building something.

They protected their best interests by saying no but rather than knuckle down and respect the fact the club wanted to keep him he sulks and plays negative football.

Club had to act before the rot really set in.

Comment

I see Watfords stance tbh.

Why should they roll over and have their belly tickled because a 'bigger' club wanted their manager who was building something.

They protected their best interests by saying no but rather than knuckle down and respect the fact the club wanted to keep him he sulks and plays negative football.

Club had to act before the rot really set in.
                        Mate, they've been hiring and firing managers once a year for a good few seasons now. A manager gets a genuinely better offer, and they are offered a very handsome compensation for him, and they block it? Not on in my opinion. If the guy really wanted to go to Everton they should have let him. Clearly they had a list of targets to replace him identified already, given they announced his replacement within a couple of hours.

Comment

Mate, they've been hiring and firing managers once a year for a good few seasons now. A manager gets a genuinely better offer, and they are offered a very handsome compensation for him, and they block it? Not on in my opinion. If the guy really wanted to go to Everton they should have let him. Clearly they had a list of targets to replace him identified already, given they announced his replacement within a couple of hours.
                          I see your point but Everton came in ages ago. They've had a long time to start looking for a replacement.

I see your point though but I do stand by the fact clubs shouldn't just give up managers because it suits another club and the manager involved. Clubs have to put their foot down at times too.

Either way he's gone and someone will benefit from him. Seems a decent manager if given time to build.

Comment

I see your point but Everton came in ages ago. They've had a long time to start looking for a replacement.

I see your point though but I do stand by the fact clubs shouldn't just give up managers because it suits another club and the manager involved. Clubs have to put their foot down at times too.

Either way he's gone and someone will benefit from him. Seems a decent manager if given time to build.
                            It's the way a lot of clubs operate these days apparently mate. Always have a list of realistic targets drawn up in the event the manager leaves. Southampton are another club that do this.

Comment

It's the way a lot of clubs operate these days apparently mate. Always have a list of realistic targets drawn up in the event the manager leaves. Southampton are another club that do this.
                              QPR clearly ain’t!

Comment

All the managers they have had at Watford have done ok after leaving them so managing them and losing your job clearly is no negative.

Comment

Working...
                                X