Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why on Earth aren't we making loan signings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would probably imagine it depends on who is available.

I hear Carlton Cole is available on a free....if that is the standard then maybe it is better to trust in the youth.

Comment

I dont believe we need any loans. We knew at the start we would be a lower-mid table side, and the results and our current positioning reflects this. We wont go down and we wont go up. It seems like this season we are blooding our own, which I'm much happier with. What loan player has come in and improved us in the past couple seasons?

Comment

I wish we could loan a manager.
        Banning people is no longer my hobby,
        but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
        http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
          I wish we could loan a manager.
          now that would prove a point one way or the other.

Comment

Originally posted by qprmarc View Post
            I can't get my head round why we aren't using the option to loan players when it makes perfect sense to? We haven't got a pot to pee in when it comes to buying players so surely loaning a few players of quality would be ideal, it's frustrating seeing other teams in the league loaning players and gaining points from it , for example James Wilson scored on his debut for sheff utd on loan from man utd yesterday, there's so many players throughout the league we have missed out on .
            Don't think the people in charge have a clue how to run a football club to be honest
            I understand why without looking into the facts what you say might make sense but I’m sure if you look at the reality you’ll realise that the club are doing the right thing and your comments are harmful to the club by perpetuating unwarranted negativity.

There’s a good reason why you might want to change your view point.

Sam Gallagher is a perfect example often used on Loftforword articles. He has a loan fee of £1.2m and is paid £18,000 a week. Assuming he’s there for 10 months that £1.8m for a half decent player but wont become an asset saleable for the club

For me its more sensible to spend money on players that become assets and if these young players improve there here next year with us and not back at a parent club.
            Gallagher is a bench mark of what it costs. And Onomah for example is on £20k a week and would also have a fee. So the real story is we shouldn’t wasting money on loan fee’s and people who aren’t going to improve us when our best hope is mid-table. If next year we look like we can get promoted and then it might be worth the risk that Sheff United have taken.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...-loan-11060633

Comment

The other point is that the squad is not the problem.

The problem is how they are being utilised.

Comment

Originally posted by Route One View Post
                I understand why without looking into the facts what you say might make sense but I’m sure if you look at the reality you’ll realise that the club are doing the right thing and your comments are harmful to the club by perpetuating unwarranted negativity.

There’s a good reason why you might want to change your view point.

Sam Gallagher is a perfect example often used on Loftforword articles. He has a loan fee of £1.2m and is paid £18,000 a week. Assuming he’s there for 10 months that £1.8m for a half decent player but wont become an asset saleable for the club

For me its more sensible to spend money on players that become assets and if these young players improve there here next year with us and not back at a parent club.
                Gallagher is a bench mark of what it costs. And Onomah for example is on £20k a week and would also have a fee. So the real story is we shouldn’t wasting money on loan fee’s and people who aren’t going to improve us when our best hope is mid-table. If next year we look like we can get promoted and then it might be worth the risk that Sheff United have taken.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...-loan-11060633
                Agree with this. Sir Les himself said we couldn't afford decent loan strikers from PL.

Not sure youngsters good enough (way too early after so little game time to judge) but may as well give them an opportunity and hope we don't have a repeat of the second half of last season. Should also be giving other players like Wheeler some proper game time.

Comment

Working...
                X