Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why on Earth aren't we making loan signings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why on Earth aren't we making loan signings?

I can't get my head round why we aren't using the option to loan players when it makes perfect sense to? We haven't got a pot to pee in when it comes to buying players so surely loaning a few players of quality would be ideal, it's frustrating seeing other teams in the league loaning players and gaining points from it , for example James Wilson scored on his debut for sheff utd on loan from man utd yesterday, there's so many players throughout the league we have missed out on .
    Don't think the people in charge have a clue how to run a football club to be honest

What is more frustrting is Goss who we did pay money for is out on loan and Wheeler who we paid money for never plays. Why waste our budget on players who are not first teamers.

Comment

If you were a manager of a Premier League side and were looking to send a promising young player out to gain experience and learn a bit about football, would you entrust that youngster with Ian Holloway and his coaching team? Don't mean to be negative, but I really wouldn't. You'd only have to watch us play most weeks to see that you'd be subjecting that young player to park football tactics, and a pretty negative environment in terms of a home crowd. It could do a young player far more harm than good.

Of course it doesn't mean there are no possibilities to bring in players on loan, I just don't think we'd get our pick of the top loans available.
      Last edited by Tarbie; 21-01-2018, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Just think the club are missing a massive trick, it gives you the option of seeing whether a player is any good before trying to sign on a permanent basis, just like we did we taarabt and we were promoted the next season as a result of that along with loaning Routledge etc

Comment

We beat the mighty Burton last week so we don't need anyone according to some on here.

Comment

Not much money but think overall aim of club is to give the younger players as much game time as possible to see what we got. Loan players will often have agreements about having to play x amount of games. Neil Warnock said Cardiff would face a financial penalty if they don't play the guy they got recently.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
              If you were a manager of a Premier League side and were looking to send a promising young player out to gain experience and learn a bit about football, would you really entrust that youngster with Ian Holloway and his coaching team? Don't mean to be negative, but I really wouldn't. You'd only have to watch us play most weeks to see that you'd be subjecting that young player to park football tactics, and a pretty negative environment in terms of a home crowd. It could do a young player far more harm than good.

Of course it doesn't mean there are no possibilities to bring in players on loan, I just don't think we'd get our pick of the top loans available.
              Took words out my mouth. Why would any club of note send their prospects to us. What will they learn??? How to play with heart and play direct football.

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
                We beat the mighty Burton last week so we don't need anyone according to some on here.
                Literally no one has said that.
                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                Luke Freeman - 6
                Matt Smith - 6
                Ebere Eze - 4
                Joel Lynch - 3
                Tomer Hemed - 3
                Toni Leistner - 2
                Massimo Luongo- 2
                Angel Rangel - 2
                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                Geoff Cameron - 1
                Aramide Oteh - 1
                Jake Bidwell - 1
                Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                  Took words out my mouth. Why would any club of note send their prospects to us. What will they learn??? How to play with heart and play direct football.
                  I wouldnt send Jimmy Saville to Rangers to run the club creche.
                  Its a rancid poisonous sesspit of pish that would infect anyone or anything that comes into any contact with it.

Comment

Also if your club approached by Ollie for player then recall him dicking about on coach at Millwall would be another reason to think hmmmmm it all reflects on club and it’s professionalism

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                      Literally no one has said that.
                      Yes they have. There was a few post on here saying we just give the so called youngsters a go and then strengthen in the summer. Well after watching yesterday, I think they maybe out of their depth.

Comment

Loan players very rarely come free. Usually there is a loan fee to the club which varies as to whether or not he plays.Then there is the player's wages with sometimes extra on top as incentive. To most Prem clubs it is a business.
                        The only players that come cheap are really raw players from other championship clubs.

Comment

If you were a manager of a Premier League side and were looking to send a promising young player out to gain experience and learn a bit about football, would you entrust that youngster with Ian Holloway and his coaching team? Don't mean to be negative, but I really wouldn't. You'd only have to watch us play most weeks to see that you'd be subjecting that young player to park football tactics, and a pretty negative environment in terms of a home crowd. It could do a young player far more harm than good.

The short answer to that is yes has luongo played better under Holloway did Holloway successfully play Robinson at c/b is Scowens and Freeman Baptiste success is Bright an exciting prospect has Holloway started to bring young home bred players into the reckoning ,

Comment

Agree 100%. Also they’ll have to laugh at his jokes and do the Hill of hell.

Comment

Robinson has been great at cb but was chucked out to left back to keep the cumbersome lynch in the side yesterday. Bidwell has not improved one iota under Holloway, Sylla has been in and out and not exactly blossomed under Holloway. Our midfield three for all their plaudits what exactly do they create? Yesterday Lynch was by passing them 1st half for a good old left foot lash up the pitch.

Comment

Working...
                              X